Opinion on my chances of revision? Former bandsters

Gidget C.
on 2/27/11 3:59 pm - Zebulon, NC

I just wanted to throw my two cents in on this. I had my band on March 12, 2009.In the months before my surgery, while going through the approval process I lost 47 pounds. After surgery, I lost an additional 33 pounds. Then nothing. Was stalled for several months. Went for a fill and that is when my complications began. I haven't had a slippage but unfortunately, my band is pinching my vagas nerve. Immediately after my fill I was dizzy. I went to the beach for the weekend and passed out several times on the beach. Whenever I would move, sit down, lay down, stand up, sit up or just turn my head the wrong direction I would pass out. Ended up in the ER. They ran a battery of tests and could find no explanation for my syncopy. I began to relate it all to the fill. I went back to my surgeon and had them remove the fluid. Immediate relief from all the dizziness and passing out.

It's been over a year since that and I've just now gotten past my new insurance waiting period. I took my RNY information class again last week. I have my surgeon visit on March 17. I am really looking forward to getting back on the loser's bench. Without the fluid in my band I have regained 40 pounds. Given my lifestyle has changed somewhat and haven't been able to work out everyday like I was for a while, but I'm really trying to get back into all of that. I have been going back to the gym, unfortunately I have pneumonia right now so that cuts down on the workouts but I will get back in as soon as I can breath again.

Don't give up. This is a journey. You have just hit the same speedbump that a lot of us out there have already hit too. Keep your chin up and know that you aren't alone.

Most Active