Who is the top US surgeon for RNY to DS revision?

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/2/11 4:31 am - Mexico
On March 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:
that's interesting as you were one of the names of someone who had a lawsuit ot one he wouldnt accept a lawsuit from or something . . hmmmm Ya I would recommend him - there just isnt a lot of communication from his staff but I am sure they would be there if I had questions or issues. I am going there tomorrow on a folow up visit. I know there is also a support group. I am happy with the Ds he performed laproscopically in about 2-1/2 hours revising an old FOBI pouch. I have a 100 cc common channel as I am older her said. I was very impressed with his knowledge and experience with revisions. I think anyone considering one should consider him with an open mind and ask him any questions that concern them. I did and I felt he answered them. I think he does feel there is unfairness on the boards here and even misinformation.

And here we are for a 3rd time.

Nope, I have nothing to do with any lawsuits of any type.  Never have and don't plan on it in the future.  Again, this is what happens when gossip starts flying around and people continue embelshing stories.  The story started out like this, I was PMed by someone asking about a previous member.  I knew it was a troll ID but didn't really care.  Fed the person just enough truth to sit back and watch it and darn sure, here we go.  It went from me hearing about a threat of a lawsuit that I had no part in to now I am named in a lawsuit that to my (not updated) knowledge doesn't exist.

I think Dr. Husted is a great surgeon.  I think he kinda sucks as a businessman but in my 32 years in medicine most of the better surgeons do.  There is a doctor he works with that IMHO is great at busness but kinda sucks as a doctor.  So be it.  Either way it's not uncommon.

I had minimal interaction with his staff, just to make an appt for a consult.  Nope, I wasn't impressed.  They just weren't on the ball enough but I am told there are new people there now.  I personally don't care because I'm not the patient.  I was local to him when I was helping two friends research him.

I found him to be kind, considerate, caring, and one issue I was totally impressed with is that the man doesn't have an arrogant bone in his body.  That and the fact that I asked blunt, bold questions and he didn't bat an eye, he explained everything I wanted to know.  It's very interesting hearing the 'other' side of the story.

He IS treated unfairly here.  No way around it.  There is a ton of misinformation and the trippy thing is that 95% of the time it comes from one doctor's patients.  Like how he left all his patients high and dry in Kentucky.  That was total crap, that isn't what happened at all.  Or how he's doing more and more ERNY.  Total crap, he hasn't done one in 10 years.  Or as one person who no longer posts here, she claimed he's not even a revision surgeon but someone local to Dr. Husted could certainly fly to another state, self pay another doctor and have surgery by a real revision surgeon.  Don't know about now but a few months ago when I was researching Dr. Husted had MORE RNY to DS experience than that doctor.  Just flat out lies.  But it plants enough of a seed in a newbies mind that they cross him off their list.

If I was him there WOULD be lawsuits flying.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
jennifersara1070
on 3/6/12 11:07 am - MO
Where can I find him?

jennifer sara

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/3/11 2:13 pm - Sedona, AZ
correction - I misread something sent to me about there being a lawsuit with you & Husted and now need to retract that as I misunderstood what was being told to me. Sorry.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

jennifersara1070
on 3/6/12 11:02 am - MO
I'm new here and finally found out how to post.  I'm looking for Dr. Husted.  I'm a former DS patient when he was in Nashville--yes that long ago--having medical problems--he offered to do a revision several years ago-didn't take him up on it--is he still practicing?  where?

jennifer sara

buckridge
on 2/21/11 7:10 pm
 John Rabkin would be my number one choice.
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 4:01 pm
Is there a number of surgeries a surgeon has to have performed to be considered experienced? For instance, when I was researching my RNY I heard on a tv show that surgeons who have performed more than 100 RNY procedures tended to have less complications. Is it the same with revisions from RNY to DS?

Lynda
Kilaani
on 2/23/11 12:12 pm - Las Vegas, NV
That's definitely a great question to have when you are interviewing surgeons - how many revisions have they done, what percent have they been able to fully takedown, what's their success rate with revision patient statistics of excess weight loss, etc.

As for Dr. Husted, I had heard good things about him for years, but nothing of late. I, too, wondered at all the moves, but I do hope he stays in Arizona as that's right next door to me now! :)  I can't remember his philosophy on common channels and stomach sleeve size... I know Dr. Rabkin goes standard 100 cm common channel if I remember correctly, but can't remember how conservative he is with the sleeve size. Smaller the better as it does naturally expand a bit over time.

Hit 148 again today... wondering if it's going to keep slowly going down. I'm just amazed anytime I see my scale under my 'lifetime' goal of 149.... and wonder how low would I be if I got these darn 5-10 lbs of skin off my thighs, but, ugh.... don't even want to think about that scary surgery.

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/3/11 2:16 pm - Sedona, AZ

be sure to review the records & websites of all the revision to DS surgeons to zero in on the number done also, and bear in mind it is not Robert Rabkin but John Rabkin's record you are looking at. He took over his brother's practice.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Ms S.
on 3/13/11 6:41 pm
Nuance - they actually worked together then Robert retired...John is a hell of a surgeon and a kind hearted easy to talk to physician as well...

sosoclark
on 3/1/11 4:14 am - Sacramento, CA
Dr K.

Most Active