Who is the top US surgeon for RNY to DS revision?

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 11:00 am
And how would I find out how my local surgeon, Dr. Steven Simper, rates alongside others as far as DS revision goes.

I have no problem with an open surgery, though I'd rather go laproscopic if possible.

I think Dr. Simper would be great if I were doing a virgin DS. But where I'm not, and my RNY will have to be taken apart and everything rearranged, I'm nervous about it and I want a top-notch surgeon.

Not casting aspersions on Dr. Simper, of course. I just want to do things right the first time.

So is there any way I can find out who is the #1 revision surgeon, and the #2, and so on?

Thanks,

Lynda 
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 2:11 pm - San Diego, CA
I know DianaCox has mentioned that dsfacts.com has a list of DS surgeons...although I have no idea if they are "rated" or not.  You might want to send her a personal message or cross-post this in the DS forum.  I am 99.99% sure that she can answer that question for you - she's a wealth of information regarding that particular surgery and who/where performs it.  Best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 2:26 pm
I would but frankly, I'm kinda scared of her. She already criticized me once for asking questions... "too frequent and lazy thinking questions" were her exact words.

Dsfacts lists DS surgeons, just not who's the best of them.

I agree that Diana is the one to go to for information. Maybe I'll just take a look at some of her past posts. It's possible she may have answered this question for someone else. I think I'd rather do that than ask her directly and get bit.

Thanks for the help,

Lynda
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/2/11 1:10 am - Mexico
On February 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM Pacific Time, Lynda D. wrote:
I would but frankly, I'm kinda scared of her. She already criticized me once for asking questions... "too frequent and lazy thinking questions" were her exact words.

Dsfacts lists DS surgeons, just not who's the best of them.

I agree that Diana is the one to go to for information. Maybe I'll just take a look at some of her past posts. It's possible she may have answered this question for someone else. I think I'd rather do that than ask her directly and get bit.

Thanks for the help,

Lynda

Talk to MsBatt.  She's loaded with info and she's not a crazy loon.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
zuzupetals2u2
on 3/2/11 1:52 am - Sedona, AZ
zuzupetals2u2
on 3/2/11 1:56 am - Sedona, AZ
I just moved this reply as it was in the wrong place to reply to

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

WASaBubbleButt
on 3/2/11 4:14 am - Mexico
On March 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM Pacific Time, zuzupetals2u2 wrote:
I just moved this reply as it was in the wrong place to reply to

I notice you moved and then deleted your post about a lawsuit?

Total bull.  I have never been involved in any manner in any lawsuit and have no intentions of doing so in the future.  See what happens when gossip starts flying?  Stories change, truth disappears, and people look silly.  But when you feed 'em just the right amounts of truth it is fun to watch and see what happens when those who are really into gossip start with their behaviors.

Kinda like now. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
zuzupetals2u2
on 3/2/11 4:43 am - Sedona, AZ
no I moved that post down to reply to your post further down which is where I meant to put it- I cut & pasted it there - didnt delete anything to hide

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/11 2:37 pm - San Diego, CA
I understand and see your point...criticism is so disheartening when you are already feeling lousy about everything.  What about MsBatt?  She is another seasoned DS veteran.  This is going to be a major surgery so I totally get why you ONLY want the best! Good luck.
lauralisi
on 2/21/11 12:38 am - Dona Ana, NM
Rabkin.
Most Active