revision

LASHUNDA Y.
on 1/30/11 11:04 pm - PETERSBURG, VA
Has anyone had Gastric Bypass and now have had Lap Band Surgery or about to have Lap Band (gastric bypass revision)
sosoclark
on 1/31/11 2:05 am - Sacramento, CA
You might want to go to the Lap Band page and ask this question to get a better response. My doctor wanted to put the band around my RNY but I chose to have the DS. I am doing very well and pleased with the results I am getting. So far I am down 45 pounds in 7 weeks.

Good luck

Sophia

LASHUNDA Y.
on 1/31/11 5:06 am - PETERSBURG, VA
Thank You Sophia,

And Congrats to you that is so good down 45pounds in 7 weeks keep up the good work
terilynn112
on 2/1/11 6:31 am - maryland, NY
I had a lapband, and switched to an RNY

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

kellydv
on 2/7/11 8:09 am - Watertown, MA
Teri-

I had a lapband in 9/2008 and had it removed 7/10.  Am now having Gastric by-pass 2/15.  How did you fare during surgery?  Recovery?  Are you happy with your decision.  I'm excited but have the normal "jitters", of course.

Thanks!

Kelly
terilynn112
on 2/7/11 9:09 pm - maryland, NY
I did great for the surgery... they did however find I have sleep apnea (new since the band). So that slowed my coming home. I am nearly fully myself, and I'm not quite a month out, and went from 260 to 228 this morning. WHICH is NOT normal. I am totally happy with my bypass. Eating is so much more normal, except MUCH MUCH smaller amounts. I do not feel deprived. I do not long for other foods. The only step I've taken off my "diet" has been a bite of an oreo cookie. Stupid, and boy was I sorry. They've been banned from my house. I was feeding one to my disabled son, and without thinking took a bite. I will not do that again, because I dumped hard. Diarrhea and nausea. Was not a good feeling.

I had a horrible case of jitters. But the surgery itself took the expected 3 hours. I was in recovery for an extended time because they had no room for me But had an awesome roommate which made it better.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn since my band quit helping. Which was at about 6 months post op. I am 7 pounds away from my lowest with the band, and my lowest in 17 yrs. I'll take each step as a gain (in a good way), and will never look back. Oh and eating had become a pain with the band. I haven't experienced any of that. I'm talking a physical pain. My dr said it was a band intolerance. My stomach area where the band was was quite inflamed. He was able to do the band to bypass in one surgery.

Good luck, pm me if you have any specific (or ones you don't want out there) questions.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

ladybug1132
on 2/3/11 9:06 am - Camden, NJ
Hi, what is the DS?  I have an appointment for a revision on Tuesday. Do they look for certain issues to schedule the surgery?  When I went to my plastic surgery to remove the skin, they said I should have said....this and that. Should I ask him any certain questions?

Thank you for your time and congrats on your recent weight loss.
Most Active