rny to distal gastric bypass

randy S.
on 1/6/11 1:15 am - brooklyn, NY
I want a revision. That comes as no surprise to anyone on this board.  I have mild sleep apnea so am not sure i will be covered.  But besides the insurance issue, I weigh 250 now and am 5'9.  I want a ds but my "very. very well respected doctor" that you all agree on (dr. Greenbaum) feels the distal gastric bypass is the way to go.  Incision only 3 inches, no chance of leaks and out of hospital in 2 or 3 days.  I want to get down to 170.  Please someone, give me some advise.  I feel so ignorant since Ive been looking forward to a ds for soooo long.  I always thought that was the only way I was going to get to my goal.
randy S.
on 6/26/11 12:30 am - brooklyn, NY
Hey Kim, did you have ur revision to distal bypass yet? How are u doing if u did?
kim W.
on 6/26/11 8:25 am - west des moines, IA
Not yet. Dr.Anthone's office staff are not good at sending in correct information to insurance. They sent in for approval and it was denied because they didn't send in correct information. so we send in another appeal and it gets denied for the exact thing. I have had it up to here with the office staff and decided to go back to the original office that did my original and am in the process of getting the same procedure. Now we wait for them to decide if they approve the surgery with them....
Fun of waiting

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

dana712
on 6/26/11 1:01 am
Hi Randy

Did you contact Dr K in california, I will be going in a couple of weeks for my RNY to DS revision.I am traveling from NYC. Why not talk to him?

Take Care
Dana
randy S.
on 6/26/11 1:48 am - brooklyn, NY
Omg!!!'yes. How do i get in touch with u.
kim W.
on 1/6/11 8:59 am - west des moines, IA
I hear what your saying. I went into Dr. Anthone's office wanting a DS and he informs me that I should be getting a Extended RNY. Crushed my world.
Well, I have come to terms with this and have decided this is best for me right now and yes he is right I could have complications, and no I do not want them right now. But never losing thought that there is always a chance.

I know some would say this is bad thinking but an extended RNY is half of a DS. It seems to me that it really all depends on the lenghth of the common channel. If it is not too short or to long you should have success. Either surgery you will have to watch your protein and vitamins. True the ERNY did not work for every body, but there are still a lot of people that have still had great success and are doing fine and have not had to get a third surgery.

But no matter what I say or the DS board or anyone else. This is your chose and only you can make your mind up.....

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

Most Active