Home from my revision... band to bypass

HeatherInIthaca
on 1/2/11 8:36 am - Brooktondale, NY
I had my revision from band to bypass on Tuesday and I have a couple questions...
1) is it normal to be nauseaus?  Not extremely bad just kinda icky once in a while?

2) how much should we be able to consume at one time while we are on the full liquids stage? 

3) Does anyone know if you can safely take tylenol liquid without dumping??

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! 

Valerieb09
on 1/2/11 11:09 am - Seacoast, NH
1.  Yes, maybe a little but you should be on Prilosec as this will help this issue.
2.  An oz. or two at a time...little sips all day will keep you hydrated.
3.  I could but they do make a sugar free tylenol liquid......

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

janice A.
on 1/2/11 11:37 am - san angelo, TX
Hi i am considering this revision. I dont have any advice for u but just wishing u quick recovery and a successful journey

Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

_rebecca
on 1/2/11 1:27 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

Yay for having your band removed!  I wish you the best with your bypass! : )

JOAT30
on 1/3/11 9:40 am
I had my revision surger 12/15/10 and I still feel nausea to the point I cant drink my liquid multivitam or any protein shakes, so I'm struggling very hard to get my protein and vitamins in or if at all. I'm always afraid to vomit, so when I get the sense that I am, I wont put anything in my mouth.

I sip water or half and half juice all day. I have a cup that I carry around with me all day. My doc says at least 1-2 oz per hour though.

I havent experienced dumping yet, but i took regular pill tylenol, easy to swallow when I first came out. I bit it in half and was fine, but check with your doc before doing that.

good luck to you.

Annie Mayzing
on 1/7/11 9:10 am - Saunderstown, RI

1 I am 4 weeks post op and have often felt "kinda icky". No vomiting thank God!

2. My NUT told me to sip 1-2 ozs of water or liquid every 15 minutes. 

3. I was given liquid Tylenol while in the hospital for a migraine type headache. I drank it but it was soooo sweet I nearly vomited. I was hooked up to a morphine PCA but it was not helping with the headache. I only took the one dose of liquid Tylenol and decided to ride out the headache. I did not dump on the liquid Tylenol but it was just too darn sweet.  

good luck to you! 

Most Active