Any success revision stories in Southern California from RNY to ???

1chance
on 12/21/09 12:38 pm - CA
 looking into revision from 1992 RNY - 1994 RNY revision - 2007 failed revision (of re-sizing stretched gastric pouch). Still over 200 lbs. So depressed to have failed again.

Kerry J.
on 12/21/09 12:50 pm - Santa Clara, UT
California has two of the premier revision surgeons in the world Dr. Ara Keshishian and Dr. John Rabkin. Dr. Rabkin did my revision from a 1980 gastric bypass / RNY to DS; a very difficult revision. And I could not be happier with the results. Check my profile for more details. 

Here's the contact info for these two excellent surgeons:

Ara Keshishian, MD, FACS *

Email: [email protected]
Karim Zahriya, MD, FACS *

Central Valley Bariatrics
Phone: 1-800-816-6647 toll-free
Fax: 661-725-8051

Central Valley Office:
Delano Regional Medical Arts Building
1205 Garces Highway, Suite 303
Delano, CA 93215

Greater Los Angeles Office:
1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 319
Glendale, CA 91208

John M. Rabkin, MD, FACS *

Pacific Laparoscopy
2250 Hayes Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94117
Phone: 415-668-3200 or 1-888-848-8446 toll free
Fax: 415-668-2010

1chance
on 12/21/09 1:42 pm - CA
 Wow!
Thanks. You seem to be doing great! Were you really in the hospital for almost a week?
My 2007 revision had me out of the hospital within about 30 hours.

I knew it was nothing from the time I woke up though. The surgeon (Quebbeman) just ran through the motions and made the opening smaller when he saw the adhesions. 
Still had to pay the $11,500 though.

My first surgery sounds like it mimicked yours. 
Do to the OLD WAYS and the rib spreader I was hung from . . . 
I woke up screaming bloody murder!

I would do it all again today for some serious results.
I can hear your happiness in your post, and am so happy that happened for you.

Thank you for the names, I have already emailed both!

Kerry J.
on 12/22/09 5:53 am - Santa Clara, UT
Yes; actually I was in the hospital for 8 days. Normally it's 4 days, but I had to have a second surgery because of some damage from the old stomach stapling that Dr. Rabkin didn't see during the first surgery. The first surgery was 8 1/2 hours and the second one was 4 1/2, so I was under for 13 hours, which is a pretty long time to be under anesthesia. It was a pain and a pretty miserable week, but in the grand scheme of things not a big deal. I would do it all again in a heart beat to get what I have now.

I now have the life I've always dreamed of having and I have no food issues, I eat when I hungry and just try to make sure I get plenty of protein in every day and I'm mindful of simple carbs; I still eat some, but I just don't over do it.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the results; here's a link to the post I made at my 1 year mark:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4024505/One-year-ago-to day-who-could-have-known/action,replies/topic_id,4024505/pag e,1/ 

I really don't see how things could any better for me; I'm finer than a frog hair split 4 ways

Kerry
Most Active