band to sleevers some questions

marcie K.
on 12/16/09 12:49 pm - Sahuarita, AZ

My revision is scheduled for Monday and I'm wondering what the differnece in the surgeries is like?  Is it more painful? I'm hoping this surgery will go better actually as I'm almost 90lbs lighter and in better shape. 

How long were you in the hospital and how long before you went back to work?  I've been told 1-2 nights and 2-3 weeks respectively. 

anything else that will be good to know??

USAF Wife
on 12/17/09 2:19 am
Really the only "pain" I experienced was gas pain. The most discomfort for me with the revision was the large incision where the port was removed. It was extremely tender, and that's where the "pulling" feeling was felt when I would get in and out of bed. I had huge amounts of scar tissue, and adhesions removed at my request that had encased the port and the tubing so that probably contributed to my discomfort around the port incision area.

Best wishes with your revision. The sleeve has been fantastic for me.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/09 12:59 am - AZ
On December 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM Pacific Time, marcie K. wrote:

My revision is scheduled for Monday and I'm wondering what the differnece in the surgeries is like?  Is it more painful? I'm hoping this surgery will go better actually as I'm almost 90lbs lighter and in better shape. 

How long were you in the hospital and how long before you went back to work?  I've been told 1-2 nights and 2-3 weeks respectively. 

anything else that will be good to know??

It's hard for me to judge because I was pretty ill when I had a revision (due to the band).  Overall it was pretty similar to banding but where they remove the port, that hurt like a buggar.

If you are sitting still it doesn't hurt, but when you move such as getting in or out of bed, sitting down, standing up, getting in a car... it's like a mega pulled muscle.

My surgeon keeps everyone in the hospital for three nights following surgery but I think most US surgeons just keep you in one night.  I was in four nights and I was ready to go home.  My surgeon wanted me to stay longer but I declined.  I work out of my home (I work for a home health company) and my job is phone and computer but I was working the day I got home.

If you have a desk job you should be good to go in a week.  If you have a job lifting and walking all day then 2 weeks.

Most Active