Esophageal spasms with Lap-band

Stephanie M.
on 3/6/13 11:46 am

I've been experiencing this too.  I take an antispasmodic and I use peppermint oil in tea or ice water to help with the spasms.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Tiff8080
on 3/28/22 12:28 pm
Lap Band on 03/24/22

I just got my lap band 5 days ago. I haven't slept the last two night because of severe chest pain/spasms.
called doc today, upper GI is scheduled for tomorrow but he's thinking esophageal spasms. I am so afraid I have made a mistake having this to deal with 5 days in. Please let me know if folks have gotten over spasms or if they are a sign the band won't be good for you.

also- how long post op did everyone take to start to feel like themselves again?
thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/09 9:22 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Thanks Maryjo, that's exactly how mine feel as well.   If I didn't know that my heart was good, I would have been rushing to ER thinking I was having a heart attack.  To me it almost felt like a really bad gallbladder attack.  I'm going on 1 week with no further spasms so I'm hoping I can keep my band.
Most Active