hernia from port removal

lmp910
on 12/11/09 1:39 am
I had a lap band on 5-06 and the surgeon put the port right on my waistline after I told her not to.  The porrt had to be re-located and put near my belly-button.  I had my revision done on 5-09 with total success.  As it turns out I now have a hernia on the spot where she placed the first port.  Have you had this happen????

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 9:56 am - AZ
On December 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM Pacific Time, lmp910 wrote:
I had a lap band on 5-06 and the surgeon put the port right on my waistline after I told her not to.  The porrt had to be re-located and put near my belly-button.  I had my revision done on 5-09 with total success.  As it turns out I now have a hernia on the spot where she placed the first port.  Have you had this happen????

Is it an incisional hernia?  That usually happens from lifting heavy items too soon after surgery.  It's an easy fix if that helps any.

lmp910
on 12/11/09 12:08 pm
No, it is not.  I know that it is easy and I can't wait to have it repaired.  It pulls and fills up when I lay down.  I had a large abdominal hernia repaired about seven years before and weight loss surgeries.

Thanks for your response.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 12:09 pm - AZ
On December 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM Pacific Time, lmp910 wrote:
No, it is not.  I know that it is easy and I can't wait to have it repaired.  It pulls and fills up when I lay down.  I had a large abdominal hernia repaired about seven years before and weight loss surgeries.

Thanks for your response.

Ports are evil no matter how you look at them. :o(

Most Active