Considering Revision surgery...From RNY to???

Bronwen
on 12/21/09 8:37 am - Wilmington, DE
Dr. Gagner can and has done LAP RNY to DS revisions.  Now, FINDING Dr. Gagner is like playing Where's Waldo...  I think I heard a rumor that he'll be back in NYC in January.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

hillofbeans
on 12/22/09 2:20 am
Dr. Husted also does RNY to DS laparascopically, but there in one incision that's probably 3 inches long - enough for his hand to pass through. It's not bad.
smileyjamie72
on 12/9/09 6:22 am - Palmer, AK

I am currently working towards a revision from an RNY to a DS.

You are welcome to check out my profile too.

But, my best advice is exactly what you are doing...... posting and
 RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!!!!!

Good Luck on YOUR journey!!!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Poodles
on 12/9/09 11:28 am - TX
Come to the Dark Side!  
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

ricki
on 12/13/09 9:31 pm
chiming in too.. I am revison from RNY to DS.. couldn't be happier.. aug 06, over 3 years out.. maintaining for over 2 years.. weigh 130 lbs.. can eat anything , labs are good.. nothing gets stuck or no more dumping or vomiting.. had RNY for 12 years.. regained all lost weight, plus some.. losing weight with my DS was effortless.......

I wanted open, because my RNY was open and since it's such a difficult surgery I wanted my surgeon to be sure he could see anything he needed to.  It can be done lap but not something I would want.. too much can go wrong with revision surgery as it is.

Finding a revision surgeon who is the best in his field is the most important thing you can do to put the odds in your favor.. there are some but only a few "top guns".

Go to www.dsfacts.com to see a vetted list of surgeons who do the DS and revisions and visit the DS board for more info.
prosperiti
on 12/14/09 5:09 am - Taylor , MI
Thanks a lot for that info. I did a little searching and I found out that in Michigan it is common for the Dr's to charge $4,500 to $5,000 in addition to what the insurance covers for aftercare, which is to be paid up front...is this normal for all?? I know that I will have some out of pocket expense but wow... Who did your surgery and would you recommend your surgeon? I have BC/BS traditional and am willing to travel for the surgery...I also had my RNY done open and would prefer to have it revised that way also..thank you for any info you can provide.
ricki
on 12/14/09 5:35 am
I had Dr. Husted who is now practicing in Somerset KY.  He was in San Francisco with the Rabkins when I had my surgery done.  I would trust either of them.  Also Dr. Keshehian in CA and Dr. Greenbaum in N****aking a wonderful name for himself when it comes to revisions from RNY to DS.  good luck.
Most Active