From a Sleeve to Gastric Bypass

Kristi H.
on 12/1/09 5:21 am - Killeen, TX
This is what ALWAYS ****** me off about RNY surgeons, the bathroom issue.  I spend far LESS time in the bathroom now then I EVER did pre-op.  I feel so bad for people who do not get the correct information.
levittown_loser
on 12/1/09 12:20 am - Levittown, PA
I don't live in the bathroom with my DS.

But I think you might need to be more clear on your current anatomy.  

If you had a VSG to RNY .... Did they make your pouch out of the upper part of the sleeve?   You don't have a true RNY because you have no remnant stomach.  

I'm really surprised you gave up your pyloric valve! 

Are you logging your food?    How is your carb / protein intake?  Activity level?

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 6:39 am
Tom, there was another woman on here, maybe 6 months ago, who had the same thing done. Apparently, the sleeve was treated like a stomach. An upper portion was sectioned off into a pouch, leaving a small, blind, remnant sleeve (unscopable, subject to ulcers, etc.) Positively criminal.
Kristi H.
on 12/1/09 5:16 am - Killeen, TX

I don't think the point of the matter is where the money came from; you or your insurance, I think the point is he wanted to get paid period and in doing so he has really done you a HUGE disservice.  Of course it wasn't the right one for you because he CANNOT do it.  I am so sad for you, I have no words... except try to sue him and at least that will make up for the fact that he cared more about money than what was best for a living human being.  You are in my prayers and I hope you can find a way to get through this.

Kristi H.
on 12/1/09 5:19 am - Killeen, TX
Oh yes like L_L asked, did you give up your valve and do you dump now?  How exactly did he do the procedure?  Sorry I am so curious I have just never talked to anyone that had VSG to RNY revision.
Sarah B.
on 12/1/09 6:00 am - Plymouth Meeting, PA
Well, to each her own. I do think you would have been wise to drop by the DS board and see what the real life experiences of DSers were like with regard to handling vitamin and bathroom issues. There's a LOT of misinformation out there. I wish you nothing but the best possible success with the path you have chosen.
Century Club: 3.14.10 ~ ONEderland 4.28.10 ~ Normal BMI & 150 Pounds Lost: 7.25.10

(HW 317 / SW 301 / GW 169 / CW 144 & LOVING my DS! / 5' 9")
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 5:20 am
Jillian,

I wish you the best of luck with your RNY. Revisions tend to lose more slowly, as a rule, so don't get too discouraged.

If your doctor has the nerve to yell at you for your slow loss, you are well within your rights to yell back. Ask him why he lied to you about the DS, which he did, and cut up your stomach unnecessarily.

In terms of getting your loss kickstarted, you might want to take a look at your calorie, carb and protein intake.

Take care,

Jenna
SkInNyMiN
on 12/1/09 6:12 am - NE
On November 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM Pacific Time, princessjillie26 wrote:
Hello all  ,

Well i need a bit of help  Back in July 09 2007 i had the Sleeveing  done and it was great i lost soo much  and then i stopped losing and stared gaining  uugg   and i  still need to loss more  so i went for the Revision to  the Gastric Bypass  and that was on July 29 2009...  so its only been 4 months out .. and i only lost 35 lbs ...   and this passed month i did not more at all  .. i meed i did drop a few LBS  here and there  but then they come right back on .. I go back to my doc on Dec 22 and i have a feeling he is going to yell at me  ..

Has this happen to anyone out there   and if not can anyone help me get  back on track =)

Thank you

Jillian
I just want to say that your surgeon lied to you. I *only* had 97 lbs to lose and i easily got the DS approved by surgeon and insurance.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 12/1/09 7:04 am - Tuvalu
O.M.G.

He did WHAT?  

You poor thing.

When he does start yelling at you, ask him why he took a perfectly good 1/2-a-DS and turned it into some *******ized surgery that is neither fish nor fowl.

Good luck with all this. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/09 12:45 pm - San Jose, CA

I think you should print out this thread, and this one (http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4072181/Duodenal-Swit ch-Bariatric-Surgeons-Ethical-and-Legal/page,1/action,replie s/topic_id,4072181/) and get yourself to a medical malpractice attorney.  At the very least, I think you have a claim of the type described in the AMA article for failure to provide adequate information to enable you to give informed consent.  Clearly, failure of informed consent creates a civil cause of action, and I would suspect that it might constitute a criminal battery.

Most Active