10 Tips to Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) Success

Teena A.
on 11/22/09 1:52 am - Mesquite, TX

1. Eat low-fat and low-sugar nutritional foods, avoid unnecessary carbohydrates; especially white carbohydrates, such as rice and pasta.

2. Eat ample good quality protein foods.

3.Eat well balanced healthy meals: to lose weight you must eat – no skipping meals.

4. Exercise regularly, several times per week.  Make sure that you raise your heart rate while exercising, in order to burn calories/fat.success2

5. Drink plenty of water.  Nephrologists recommend, at least 3 litres per day – do not overdo it though, too much can be harmful to internal organs.

6. Journal your daily food intake and exercise to make yourself accountable.

7. Craving a treat, satisfy the craving with a small portion – do not let it become an obsession or every day diet item.

8. Take your vitamins and supplements; have regular blood tests done to check levels, they can change rapidly.

9. If you miss an exercise time or eat something you should not – do not beat yourself up about it, move on and get back to your new healthy lifestyle.

10. Attend support groups regularly; either in person or online.

Bonus tips (I just could not get it down to 10): Everyone’s level of accomplishment is different; do not compare your results with others.

You have had major surgery, which has altered your body for life, pay attention to what your body is telling you – unusual/repeated pains are a signal of something that requires to be looked after, you must make sure to be proactive about your health care.

You have been given a very special useful tool; use it to its fullest advantage.

Author: Jean Hamilton, 3rd year post-op Roux-n-Y gastric bypass patient who has maintained a 300+ pound loss – www.wlspublishing.com

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 11/22/09 7:12 am - Waldorf, MD
Hi teena,
How have you been doing?  I checked the Tx site but did not see anything from you.  Hope you have been doing well.
Marianna

Teena A.
on 11/22/09 7:28 am - Mesquite, TX
Marianna,

I am fine.

I have been dealing with some depression so I have been staying low key and taking care of me through meds, therapy, and staying busy.

I do not post much online right now.

I mostly post on my profile blog only.

I hope you are doing well.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 11/23/09 7:36 am, edited 11/23/09 8:52 am - Waldorf, MD
Teena,
I have been doing ok, just working, coming home a dropping in a chair until bed time.  I found out last week that the insurance person in the doctors office is no longer there and some one else has taken over.  When I called and they checked my records Ashley had never sent in the appeal and the doctor has never done the one on one with BCBS doctors.  So I am back at the appeal process.  The new person has sent in the appeal but in the mean time I have an appointment with a doctor that does the DS.  Considering I need to lose over 100 lbs,, the DS may be the best revision for me.  Still reading and researching.  How is your weight doing, still going down.  Did something happen, is that why you are depressed?    Sometime just really talking to a person helps.  Keep in touch with me and am concerned about you.

Marianna
Teena A.
on 11/23/09 7:58 am - Mesquite, TX
Marianna,

I am glad to hear that you are ok.

Sorry to hear the last ins person dropped the ball and now you are having to start a new with the
appeals process.

At least it was caught.

I think it is great that you are going to proceed with the DS consultation as it is good to have as many options as possible and be informed.

Weight loss is at 40 pounds.

Very happy about that.

Nothing has happened that has me depressed other than I have Bipolar I and the time change has affected my moods.

I deal with this every winter so I am so use to it and it is no biggie.

You might want to go in and edit and remove your number so no weirdos call you.

I have added your number to my cell phone and will email you mine.

I appreciate your support.

Keep me updated.

You take care and have an absolutely fabulous Monday night.

Hugs.

Teena Adler

mrdoores
on 11/23/09 9:23 am - Waldorf, MD
Teena,
My email address is [email protected].  As always I feel I am blessed .  I had my mamogram and went to see my cancer doctor the first of the month and all is well.  Just need to follow up in 3 months with labs.  Generally, if I don't know the number I don't answer my phone cell or house, because they are always trying to get you to buy something.  If I had money to throw away, I wouldn't be working everyday and trying to get overtime earch week..

Take of your self and may GOD bless you until next time

Marianna 

Most Active