Need serious advice

daizygurl27
on 11/15/09 2:51 pm - Shinnston, WV
Hey all!  I am in desperate need of some opinions.   I had the lapband surgery sept. 2007 and since then i had only lost 20 lbs!!!!!!!    Honestly I was too afraid of the RNY and now I'm wondering if I shouldve went ahead with it.

I've seen people have a hard time with it and then I've seen people just breeze through this.  I'm 33 years old and I weigh 278lb.  I am ready to lose my mind over this weightloss battle.

have any of you had the RNY after the band?  Do you regret it?  I'm scared but either way my health is at risk. 

I noticed alot of people on here had to be opened all the way due to so much scar tissue.  I think that scares me the most.  I just need somebody to talk to.  Would luv to hear your opinions.

Would also like some information on if you know if Blue cross blueshield even pays for a revision?  How i go about getting one approved

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helpless in WV

shele
on 11/15/09 8:22 pm

I am sorry you are having a hard time.

You have a lot of options.  First off start reading everything you can about all the surgeries.  Find out what the long term results are for each.

Visit this forum and all the surgery forums and see what will work best for you!

Good luck, keep posting and ask lots of questions!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Vivian Prouty
on 11/15/09 9:10 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I know alot of successful people going from the band to RNY.   You should also look into the VSG ( sleeve ).   Most insurance co.s wont cover the sleeve though.    It is a excellent surgery though.   I love my RNY though.     As the other person suggested....do research and see what surgery is right for you.   Good luck to you !!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

sreed1966
on 11/16/09 3:59 am - Livonia, MI
I'm switching from the band to RNY. The band worked great for me for 5 years, and then just decided to either have too much restriction or not enough....Getting RNY 12/29...out of all the surgeries, it's the right choice for me.
(deactivated member)
on 11/16/09 4:33 am - AZ
On November 15, 2009 at 10:51 PM Pacific Time, daizygurl27 wrote:
Hey all!  I am in desperate need of some opinions.   I had the lapband surgery sept. 2007 and since then i had only lost 20 lbs!!!!!!!    Honestly I was too afraid of the RNY and now I'm wondering if I shouldve went ahead with it.

I've seen people have a hard time with it and then I've seen people just breeze through this.  I'm 33 years old and I weigh 278lb.  I am ready to lose my mind over this weightloss battle.

have any of you had the RNY after the band?  Do you regret it?  I'm scared but either way my health is at risk. 

I noticed alot of people on here had to be opened all the way due to so much scar tissue.  I think that scares me the most.  I just need somebody to talk to.  Would luv to hear your opinions.

Would also like some information on if you know if Blue cross blueshield even pays for a revision?  How i go about getting one approved

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helpless in WV

The band does have very low weight loss.  Sometimes people just need more help than a restrictive only procedure.

I had my band removed and opted for a sleeve but I think you are wise to look at malabsorption.  If one restrictive only procedure wasn't right for you another restrictive only isn't likely to do much.

ladydi1970
on 11/16/09 10:24 am - GA

You do have a whole bunch of options.

But since you asked...please check out the DS.

Revisions suck....so only do it 1 more time.

I'm sorry that the band didn't work for you.  It failed YOU!  Do not beat yourself up about it.

It just doesn't work for a WHOLE bunch of people!

Try www.dsfacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com

Come on over to the DS board.  We are a rowdy group...but there's nothin but love!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Most Active