Officially lost 100lbs

USAF Wife
on 11/12/09 4:31 am
So, I started my weight loss surgery journey last October when I had the dreaded lapband placed. As of today, I've lost a total of 100 pounds.

I lost weight initially with the band, but gained some back when I lost restriction and complications started. I've officially lost 93 pounds since revising to the vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and a total weight loss of 100 pounds today.

What an amazing life-changing experience this has all been ! ! ! I haven't been this weight since probably my sophomore year in high school. I'm more active, and definitely happier with my relationship with food. I am in more control now than I have ever been. People ask me "don't you miss eating like a normal person?" In all reality, there are some days where I'd love to throw down a few pieces of pizza, but I also know that I can be completely satisfied with just one piece of pizza. I eat anything and everything I want just in smaller portions. I love this new life, I love that I have control, and have found other means to deal with life stressors, and all the ups and downs. Food was my best friend. It was my comforter, my security, my void filler, my everything, now it's just fueling my body, and I'm able to be free of the chains of emotional eating.

Just a few more pounds until I hit goal. I did just start a new workout/strength training program at the YMCA so my loss will slow a bit, but I'm toning and strengthening my entire body.

Just thought I would share my excitement ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Zee Starrlite
on 11/12/09 4:54 am
Congrats!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 1:21 pm
It's always so nice to hear success stories like this. Congrats and keep it up!!

Tara
USAF Wife
on 11/13/09 2:29 am
Thank you both very much ! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/09 10:50 am - San Diego, CA
Congrats on your revision success, Tiffany!  Have fun every day with your new life. YAY! :)
Most Active