revision ?

Amanda P.
on 11/6/09 2:48 pm - Salyersville, KY
i was wondering if anyone has had a revision with dr.nease and how theyve been doing with it. also what are the steps to getting a revision? do you have to go through the same stuff as if you have never had wls or what? thanks alot amanda

shele
on 11/6/09 7:52 pm

Hey Amanda!

Not the same Dr,.    But You will probably have to go through some testing to see the condition of your pouch and stoma.  In what I have experienced, even if the insurance excludes weight loss surgery, if you have a mechanical failure, and it is deemed medically necessary, you can get them to cover it.

I did have to go through the psych eval, nut eval and things of that sort.  I didn't have a high enough bmi that qualified me, but a mechanical failure and ulcers in my pouch. I did have re-gain also.

Please do your research and figure out the BEST surgery you can live with!!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Amanda P.
on 11/8/09 2:40 pm - Salyersville, KY
how is your revision going? i didnt notice but what wls did you have and what kind of revision did you have? can you tell much differance from your 1st one and your 2nd? im sorry i just have so many questions about revisions and seems like know one will answer me on any forums. thanks alot...

shele
on 11/8/09 5:46 pm

I had the rny in 04,

and then the extended rny in March of 09.( lots more intestine bypassed ... no pouch work. Similar malasorbtion as ds.

I am loosing very slowly, I look at the people that hod the full ds revision and they are loosing better than I am.

Keep reading and researching and find the best choice for yourself!!

I have a lot of different food choices now, as I malasorb around 80% of the fat I eat.  This surgery was done open, and I have had a hard time getting over it with wound issues.  You can post on the ds board and they will help you.  There are a few true rny to ds revisions over there that are very helpful... Kerry is one that is very passionate about the ds, having lived with the rny for many years.  Not all ds surgeons do the full ds revisions, so make sure you consult with the ones that do.

Hope this has helped, good luck and ask me anything you want, don't know a lot, but will do what I can!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

shele
on 11/8/09 5:47 pm

OH, lucky you, I see you are in KY??

Husted is one of the top revison surgeons! He has an add on the top of the page!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

mew6495
on 11/8/09 9:15 pm - MI
 Hi Amanda,

Like Shele, I did not have see the doctor you mentioned but did have a revision to ERNY.   As far as insurance, I did not have to jump through the hoops I did for my original RNY in 2001.  My insurance required that it be medically necessary.  I have BCBSMI.  Every insurance company differs on what their requirements are for revision.  They can differ due to your plan as well.  I would suggest calling them or going on line and start by seeing what their requirements are.  Make sure you make it clear that you are inquiring about a revision.  I have seen where the moment you mention WLS they just automatically spit out the requirements for a virgin WLS.

Good Luck to you.
MEW

Amanda P.
on 11/9/09 12:58 am - Salyersville, KY
thanks ladies for your replys...

Most Active