November Surgery! Anyone else?

Amy F.
on 11/1/09 11:10 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
I hear you!  I cannot wait to just not feel hungry.  Things are going ok so far - but I am just counting the days until my revision.

snedly318
on 11/1/09 11:17 am - Mine Hill, NJ
So glad someone else understands.  I feel like a failure with my weight gain and then explaining to skinny family members......well, enough said, I suppose we all have the disapproval and misunderstanding  to  deal with.  Fortunately, my DH supports me even if he doesn't understand.

Best wishes for your surgery!!

-Karen
Snedly318
Amy F.
on 11/1/09 11:39 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
Don't ever feel like a failure.  The weight gain was bound to happen at some point - and now you are working through it.

I have a few skinny family members and friends who are judgemental as well - just listen to yourself and the ones that are REALLY supporting you.  You don't need any negativity standing in the way of your new happy life.

Best wishes to you as well:)!
snedly318
on 11/1/09 12:54 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
Thanks for your comments. 

Of course you are right and I know it, but it's hard not to feel like its your fault.....but the surgeon says mechanical failure, so I keep saying it....but, the reality is the surgery is just the easy part, it's the post-op compliance that determines success.

Will be praying for you on the 17th!

--Karen
Snedly318
Amy F.
on 11/2/09 2:35 am
RNY on 11/17/09 with
 Thank you Karen - I really appreciate all the support I can get on the 17th.  I wish you all the best too!!!!

Amy

sdikeman
on 11/2/09 4:24 am
Thanks for the reply! I will see my Doc this afternoon for pre-op! I will let you know what he says about pre-op diet! Yikes, it's happening! 
Most Active