SCLEROTHERAPY

Brenda D.
on 10/16/09 4:01 am - Hampden, ME
I am hoping people who have had Sclerotherapy will post their results.  I had this procedure done 4 days ago.  Want to hear how others are doing.
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/09 7:46 pm

I had the procedure 17 days ago.  I lost 6-8 lbs on the liquid diet, but have gained most of it back since I can eat more solid foods now.  I can not eat a lot of solid food at one time, but I eat some slide foods (yogurt, protein drinks.)  I would not say my procedure is a failure, but it is not working great for me.

Good luck with your procedure.  Please let us know how things go for you.

Ruby
3/2005  rny
262/122/139
hi/lo/today

Linda .
on 10/18/09 1:20 pm - Gilroy, CA
I have not had this procedure, but the research I did says that it generally takes 3-4 times to build up enough scar tissue to be effective.
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 7:57 pm

My dr says my stoma was about the size of a half dollar and should be about the size of a dime.  he says he made mine about the size of nickel because he thinks I might lose too much weight.  He says i will not need another procedure.  I am a bit unhappy with his decision (lose too much weight--ha-ha.)

The procedure is expensive.  My insurance paid one time.  I am to have another company after the first of the year.   It may not pay.  Below are my statis of weight, etc.  I have a feeling my age has played into my dr decision about the size of my stoma.  I am to see him 11/12.  I am going to tell him I am unhappy about his decision of the size of my stoma.  Really I eat all day.  If I could learn to not eat between meals, I would probably not gain, but.... 

I keep trying.  I am a food addict.  when I start with carbs, i can not seem to stop.  it is what I am eating and the grazing that makes me gain.  I hate admitting that, but I know it is my fault.

ruby
262/122/137
hi/lo/today
age 64
5'1" 
rny  3/11/2005

Brenda D.
on 10/20/09 10:24 pm - Hampden, ME
Day 9 for me and I am down 16 lbs.  The liquid diet is absolute hell!  Those sugar-free protein drinks are all nasty tasting and I have never eaten anything that I don't like the taste of.  Never have and not starting now...they are just awful!!  I was hungry most of the time just on liquids.  Probably shouldn't have added drinkable yogurts and regular yogurt but I did.  That has helped a tremendous amount and I do get full feeling which is what keeps me from eating between meals.  I am really going to give this my best effort because I have to and people (especially my daughter) are counting on me.  I don't want to let her down.  When I had my gastric bypass 13 years ago I didn't even have to try to lose weight...it just fell off me...100 lbs. in about 9 months!  I never felt like I really earned it.  Through the years....a good majority of that weight crept back on.  My doctor said my anastomosis was a 24 and he brought it down to a 9.  (Not sure if that is cm or mm???)  After the swelling goes down I am sure it will be a bit bigger.  I am going back in Dec. for my first check-up and then scheduling 2nd treatment for January or February.
Most Active