What to do when it seems to all fail

lisacooper
on 10/5/09 5:44 am - new york, NY
I had the revision from Lap Band to Gastric Band it seems like i'm not losing instead it seems like I'm gaining. Maybe I was meant to be Big
Teena A.
on 10/5/09 6:04 am, edited 10/5/09 6:06 am - Mesquite, TX
Lisa,

I am sorry that you are feeling this way.

We all have felt this way at one time or another or we would not be on the revision board.

I am not quite sure I understand what surgery it is that you were revised to, but I wanted to ask you if you have had your WLS checked yet for a mechanical failure via EGD or Upper GI.

Mechanical failures are caused when the anatomical changes made during the original bariatric surgery, are not maintained. Examples of these changes are as follows:

1. the pouch may stretch and become larger
2. the outlet of a gastric pouch may increase in diameter 
3. a gastro-gastric fistula may form between the gastric pouch and the bypassed stomach
4. the intestine may increase its absorptive abilities beyond what was expected
5. restriction may decrease as a result of a band slippage

Have you tried the five day po
uch test?

5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

Have you followed the plan that your doctor set forth for you? (protein first, adequate amount of protein daily, 64 oz of water daily, vitamins, exercise, low carbs, low fat, sugar free or low sugar drinks, etc).

I know it is all easier said than done, but when we all look back at things we could have done better to boost our weight loss their tends to be a trend in not following through with some or all of those things unless we have a mechanical failure.

I know that what you are feeling right now is not a great feeling.

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE.

You only fail when you give up.

Start with finding out if you have a mechanical failure and then go from there.

I wish you well.

Hold your head up and work out a plan to get yourself where you need to be as far as reaching your goals.

When can achieve when you believe.

Good luck.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

lisacooper
on 10/5/09 6:32 am - new york, NY
Thanks for the word of comfort, I just haven't been to the Doctor cause I know it has not been going to well for me. I did join the gym so I guest that's a start in the right direction.
Teena A.
on 10/5/09 6:35 am, edited 10/5/09 6:36 am - Mesquite, TX
The gym is a good step in the right direction, but until you go see a doctor you will never know what is wrong or right with your surgery.

Did you ever go to your doctor for follow up after surgery?

I wish you well with the gym.

Good luck.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active