YAY!!! Never been so excited to do a liquid diet before in my lifetime. LMAO

emjayel56
on 9/26/09 9:43 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi Teena,
Glad you had a nice time at the OH conference and doing well with your preop diet.  I think that 2 week liquid diet makes us stronger and better prepared for postop.

I am doing okay.  Tomorrow is one month postop.  I've lost 30 lbs. but I am so bummed out because since Monday of this week I have lost nothing and actually gained 3/4 lb.  I called nutritionist who said i am doing everything right and not to think about it, probably body adjusting but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.  Just didn't think I could hit a plateau at such an early stage but it's out of my control.

I can eat  up to 3 oz of protein at each meal.  What I've been doing is having an egg for breakfast, 2-3 ounces of chicken for lunch and 2-3 ounces of chicken or fish for dinner with a protein shake in between, keeping my total to about 70 - 75 grams of protein a day.  That's what my program calls for (60-80 grams of protein a day).  I have not deviated once from the program and have started an exercise program of walking, now 3 miles a day but trying to build it up to what i was doing preop of 5 miles a day.

Other than that no problems, feeling good, energy back and enjoying life.  You have a wonderful weekend and look forward to hearing updates from you.

maryjo
Teena A.
on 9/26/09 10:44 pm, edited 9/26/09 10:44 pm - Mesquite, TX
Yay.. Two members of the board became engaged at the conference on stage and it was a beautiful thing because I know the man and am so happy for him and the woman.

He deserves to be happy and in love.

I am hella happy for them both.

I am not divulging names as that is their announcement to make.

I saw a lot of old friends as well as made a lot of new ones.

I learned a lot of new things that I did not know as well as reinforced a lot of information I already knew.

I got a lot of free samples of protein as well which is great because as you know good  protein is not cheap.

Your food plan sounds great and solid.

I am really proud of you.

It sounds like my normal meal plan except I eat more turkey and fish.

I was so hungry when I checked the mail yesterday as I received the most awesome coupons for veggies, fish, and turkey.

LMAO.

The great thing is they do not expire until 12/09 so I will be able to use them.

Since this is my second time this month on a liquid diet I am fully aware of what is in store.

If you did not know I was having surgery soon you would look in my fridge and cabinets and swear I had anorexia..

LMAO.

I am so proud of you for your weight loss.

30 lbs is great girlie.

I know you have not lost anymore, but I promise you that you have lost inches and your weight loss will pick up soon.

I am sure that your exercise program will help with increasing the weight loss.

You are such an inspiration to me on my revision journey.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

Most Active