Surgery Date set... Nov !2-Now I'm freaking out!!

Misty T.
on 9/24/09 2:25 pm
I called to check on my paperwork today and hung up with a surgery date on the calendar!  OMG... After all the problems I had with my lapband, I am scared to death. I have gained about 60 ls back from the 100 I lost, and i can't wait to get the feeling back that I had when I was loosing, or after I lost.  I am starting to hurt all over again and feel like a fat cow.  I hate looking in the mirror... The weight came back SO fast.  My band was removed in April.  I wish I would have been able to have the RNY done at the same time the band was removed, but it was an emergency, and we weren't able to make that happen.. I am so scared of the RNY.  Should I be?  Why am I so scared?  I loved everything about loosing the weight, and I would do it all over again....I hate these headgames!!!  Wow, still in shock! I could have gone next week, but not mentally prepared!  (Plus, I still have to give notice at work). WIsh me luck!!
Misty
One door closed, another one opened.  Ready to begin my second WLS journey on December 3. Hopefully second time around will be the right time around!

JROLFSON
on 9/25/09 5:05 am - St. George, UT
Dear Don't:

Stop worrying you will do great...And believe me it's way better than getting fills or unfilled...Trust me...Did you request a Distal RNY?

Just asking because the distal seems to help with maintenance after the weight is lost...

Janie
Misty T.
on 9/25/09 3:03 pm
No, what  us a Distal RNY?  Still trying to get all my facts straight!  Am starting to worry, after reading so many posts about dumping, foaming, food getting stuck, never able to eat sugar again, yada yada yada...Wow, lap band was fine, except that I developed SEVERE reflux.. Not so fine!!  I saw a picture taken today of me, and I know I have to do SOMETHING...
JROLFSON
on 9/28/09 1:24 am - St. George, UT
A distal RNY is where they first do the pouch portion of the surgery and then shorten the common channel normally between 150-100...

As far as what you read about dumping, foaming, food getting stuck, no sugar....Believe about only one quarter of what you hear on RNY....Different for everyone...

I've had RNY revised from a Gastroplasty since 1989....Never had a problem with sugar...unfortunately wish I had...Dumping if I drank milk, or ate something dairy like ice cream.. I just stayed away from that stuff...Never had any food get stuck...

Everyone is different so follow the drs. rules and you will be fine...I love my RNY....I failed it it didn't fail me...Trust me...that is often the case not with everyone but for me it was...

Janie
emjayel56
on 9/25/09 10:08 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL
Colleen,
Congrats on your date.  I had 2 lapbands over 9 years and had same problem of you.  Finally 1 month ago revised to an RNY bypass.  I've had no problems and back to losing again (lost 30 lbs this month).  Relax, get ready for your surgery and you will do fine.  All the best
maryjo
Most Active