BOB Update

sarahjameve
on 9/21/09 10:48 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi 

I am doing well I am down 12 lbs since surgery and 24 since I began the liquid diet on August 24th. I still have some pain and soreness but I think that is partially due to my size. I have been doing at least a 20 minute walk each day since Wednesday some days 40 minutes.

I was on a calorie restricted "liquid" diet prior to surgery for three weeks, it consisted of 5 packets of HMR, I used Chicken and Chocolate flavored www.hmrprogram.com one small green salad with protein (2 oz Tuna), and a frozen meal under 300 calories. I have not had caffeine or alcohol since 8/1/09 either.
I am on a pureed and soft foods diet now or Step II as my Dr calls it. I have had FF or low fat cottage cheese and ricotta, I love seasoned salts or hot sauce in them including www.baconsalt.com. I have also had greek yogurt(thicker and more protein then regular yogurt, like sour cream), refried beans, pureed pot roast (love moms!) and my favorite is a muglette http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784. I went to a lot of websites and ordered their sample proteins so I couldl decide what I like. I love Isopure Carb Control from GNC (15 grams of protein in an 8 ounce bottle) I take it on walks since it is like a fruit punch. I also like Muscle Milk light, they sell it everywhere but is about 6.99 for 4 at Sams Club or Costco it is about $25 for 18. It is sugar free, 100 calories, lactose free and 15 proteins in a 8 ounce juicebox like container, very convenient and tasty.

these sites are the ones I can remember that all had sample protein mixed packs for about $5-$12, great way to test and not spend the $20
chikenutrition
unjury
smartforme.com
vitalady
bari-good eating

Thats what I can think of for now, remember though that I had RNY the first time and not stapling. Everyone's bodies are diffrerent too and lose at different rates.

Good luck with your process, I am very happy with mine and am expecting a weight stall soon but would be thrilled if it kept at this rate.
Sarah Jam Eve RNY March 6th 2003 BOB September 14th 2009 

Teena A.
on 9/27/09 8:14 am - Mesquite, TX
Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the great work.

Good to see you exploring your protein options.

It is great that you know how to access some of our best resources out there like Vitalady.

Good luck.

You are doing great.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

shele
on 9/27/09 7:06 pm

You are doing so well!! Good for you!

Keep it up~~

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204