Stomaphyx Results! Positive Inquiries Only

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/09 3:33 pm - San Diego, CA
Best of luck to you with your procedure Friday! 

I too searched for WEEKS for just ONE single positive response from a Stomaphyx/ROSE post-op to no avail.   The posts I did find were people right out of surgery (within a month or so) and were generally losing weight due to the liquid diet so they were happy "so far."  I sent ALL of those OH members personal messages begging for any updates on their results and status' of their weight loss/maintenance/ANYTHING??  Again...not one response.  It seems they all dropped off the OH wagon which leads me to presume they have nothing great to report unfortunately.  After extensive research, I decided the results (or lack thereof rather) were not worth the out-of-pocket expense.  I could not afford to bear that risk so I opted for a different revision.

I hope you are the first success story on this board of thousands of members.  That way I can say "YES!  I know one person it worked for..." next time I come across a post such as yours.

Please keep us updated, okay?  Good luck and a speedy recovery to you!  

=Lisa=  :)
jenny P.
on 7/30/09 12:41 am - comanche, ok
Hello!
I want to give you my positive results. I am three weeks post op and have lost 19 lbs thus far. I in fact was one of the first StomaphyX procedures performed by my surgeon so let's say I put a little faith in my surgeon and most importantly myself. I have read the bad reviews and good ones. What I learned from my RNY however is that I am the tool that makes the decisions on what and how much I eat. My surgeon approached this procedure not as the ultimate tool but as a part of a complete weight loss program. I have many appointments with my dietician, a food journal, a exercise journal, and a plan of food that I can eat all the way out to 9 weeks. Like you I want to lose 40 lbs. This will get me to my goal and without the StomaphyX I could feel my goal slowly slipping away. Over the years since I had RNY I lost focus and veered away from what I should be doing. I intend to continue to post on the StomaphyX wether it be good or bad but we should all keep in mind the StomaphyX is not putting food in my mouth I am. Bad results may not always be the procedures or surgeons fault. It just might be me.

RNY 02/2004 Lost 153 lbs
StomaphyX 07/10/09 Lost 19 lbs

Jen
mcnealjw
on 7/30/09 3:36 am - Louisa, VA
StomaphyX on 07/31/09 with
 I agree with you totally and I am so pleased to here your results.  How much did you weigh before your stomaphyx?
jenny P.
on 7/30/09 4:15 am - comanche, ok
I started out prior to RNY at 329 lbs I lost 153 lbs.
I gained back in the 5 years since surgery and had a beautiful baby girl.
I weighed in at 225 prior to StomaphyX on July 10th.
I would like to be down around 180 so I set my goal at 40 lbs.
mcnealjw
on 7/30/09 5:08 am - Louisa, VA
 That is wonderful.  How has your diet been thus far?  How is the restriction?  How did you feel when you came home??
jenny P.
on 7/30/09 5:38 am - comanche, ok
Right now I am allowed 3 protein shakes a day, full liquids, and foods are 1/4 to 1/2 cup of one of the following: FF cream soup, cottage cheese, pureed veggies, SF Pudding, etc... I can have one or two of these in addition to my SF liquids and protein drinks.
The restriction with foods like cottage cheese and veggies is definitley making me full at 1/2 cup. I have my days when mind hunger is out of control but I know that I will mess up the surgery if I eat things I'm not supposed to.
My throat was sore after surgery when I came home on a Friday. I returned to work Monday morning and other than missing my bestfriend food I felt fine. I have a handy little new watch that has a pedometer and heart rate monitor so I can monitor my exercise every day. So in addition to keeping up with my food/liquid intake I log my exercise as well.
I honestly haven't felt this impowered since my RNY. I had the will power all along I needed a tool and program to get me jump started again.
Jen
mcnealjw
on 7/30/09 5:52 am - Louisa, VA
 Thank you very much and I wish you all the best-  please keep me posted. 
JROLFSON
on 7/31/09 12:23 am - St. George, UT
Hi Jenny:

Do you feel the same type of restriction as you did after RNY...I'm really excited to hear success stories about this procedure as well...I have always told myself if a year after ERNY I haven't lost the weight I have set for goal I would like a little boost and it might be just the thing...

JR
JROLFSON
on 7/30/09 4:49 am - St. George, UT
Jen:

That is fantastic...3 weeks post op and 19 lbs is super good...How much did you lose in the post op diet? You are almost half way to your goal...You should be very proud...

Please keep us updated...If I hear more great things about Stomaphyx I would opt to have it myself as an additional booster...I have no restriction anymore and it is a little disconcerting but with the ERNY I am having good results so far...It has just taken almost 1 and a half months to kick in...

Janie
jenny P.
on 7/30/09 5:06 am - comanche, ok
I am still in my post op diet. I have a strict diet of amounts and kinds of food I can eat all the way out until 9 weeks post op. Just as I did with the RNY. Then of course after 9 weeks is still low fat and low sugar. My surgeon is approaching the Stomaphyx as a complete weight loss plan instead of just a procedure.
Most Active