Stomaphyx Results! Positive Inquiries Only

JROLFSON
on 7/29/09 2:19 am - St. George, UT

Dear McNealjw:

The folks on the Revision site are all too familiar with failure that's why we are all here...Most want to hear the pros and cons simply because we don't want to fail on a 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt...I truly wish we could give you more positive feedback but unfortunately I don't think you are going to find it here in reference to the stomaphyx...There are several people here who have had it, but unfortunately not any successes that I have seen to date...I so wish there were as I had hoped to have it myself but I chose to wait it out about a year or so and after doing so and following those who had experienced it I found where the procedure is just not real successful as yet...the fasteners break, the rows of pleats they place are not always positioned perfect so that restriction is not attained...Some surgeons don't install enough fasteners...it's not down to a science as yet....at first there is restriction but after you begin to eat normally again it goes away...I do believe though that soon we will see a much more sophisticated and successful endogastic procedure....I hope yours is successful and by all means please let us know, we all love success stories and many of us are praying for this non-invasive procedure to be successful...

I believe since you don't have that much weight to lose I thought you said only 30 lbs, you could be the one to turn this around...good luck to you...

Janie

mcnealjw
on 7/29/09 2:21 am - Louisa, VA
StomaphyX on 07/31/09 with
 Thanks so much!  
Denise V.
on 7/29/09 2:43 am
Hi There!

I was looking into the same procedure with the same Dr, but since then have found out that I did not have a complete RNY back in 05, therefore I will be having a revision with Dr. Halmi and Tran on Monday...

I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world, and please do keep us posted!
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
mcnealjw
on 7/29/09 3:23 am - Louisa, VA
StomaphyX on 07/31/09 with
 Wow!  Dr. Halmi is amazing-  Dr. Tran is doing my stomaphyx.  You will be fine- and I wish you all of the luck!  Take care!! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/09 3:34 pm - San Diego, CA
HIJACK!!!  Janie - how are you doing sweetness?? :)
JROLFSON
on 7/30/09 4:44 am - St. George, UT
I'm doing so well Lisa...How about yourself??? Are you super skinny?...Your already beautiful so you have no work to do there...

I've lost 31 lbs as of this morning's weigh in...I can't stay off the scale...and what is so really weird is I'm finding out that with this ERNY the more I eat the more I lose...I have resigned myself to stop worrying about the weight loss so much and concentrate on just being me...Since I have done that the weight seems to be coming off faster...It could be that your system settles in for a bit after surgery...not knowing quite what has taken place so it somewhat comes to a halt on everything thinking your going to starve it to death...I'm hoping this continues and I can get down to a healthy weight...I now weigh 183 from 214...Since May 20th, 2009...

Now give me the skinny on you girl...Details...Details...

Janie
JRinAZ
on 7/30/09 9:23 am - Layton, UT
On July 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
I'm doing so well Lisa...How about yourself??? Are you super skinny?...Your already beautiful so you have no work to do there...

I've lost 31 lbs as of this morning's weigh in...I can't stay off the scale...and what is so really weird is I'm finding out that with this ERNY the more I eat the more I lose...I have resigned myself to stop worrying about the weight loss so much and concentrate on just being me...Since I have done that the weight seems to be coming off faster...It could be that your system settles in for a bit after surgery...not knowing quite what has taken place so it somewhat comes to a halt on everything thinking your going to starve it to death...I'm hoping this continues and I can get down to a healthy weight...I now weigh 183 from 214...Since May 20th, 2009...

Janie

Janie!
I think you are onto something there!  SEriously!  I have embarrassed myself and my familiy over the amount of food I eat.  It's all nutritional but it's a HUGE amount!  ....only when I weigh, measure and try to keep track do I start gaining weight!  WEIRD!  When I eat a lot then I use the potty a lot and I lose weight a lot or in my current case...... I KEEP the weight off.

Sooooo.....maybe the ERny losing plan should be to inhalf as much protein and healthy veggies & fruit as is possible in one day!

whaddya think?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/09 10:33 am - San Diego, CA
On July 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
On July 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:

Janie

Janie!
I think you are onto something there!  SEriously!  I have embarrassed myself and my familiy over the amount of food I eat.  It's all nutritional but it's a HUGE amount!  ....only when I weigh, measure and try to keep track do I start gaining weight!  WEIRD!  When I eat a lot then I use the potty a lot and I lose weight a lot or in my current case...... I KEEP the weight off.

Sooooo.....maybe the ERny losing plan should be to inhalf as much protein and healthy veggies & fruit as is possible in one day!

whaddya think?

Losing weight when you eat too much?  THAT is a great problem to have lolol.

Janie - I am so glad to hear of your success...our revisions were only days apart, remember!!  While the weight is coming off slower because I am so close to goal, I am totally thrilled with the progress of things thus far.  Moreover, I FEEL wonderful. :)  I just had to go shopping today to get some clothes that fit and was overjoyed to comfortably fit into a (true) size 8 slacks.  It has been so long since I felt good about myself and I really missed it.  I notice the inches are coming off more than lbs too so that is encouraging even when the scale hasn't moved in a couple of days.

Joyce - You are always an inspiration.
JROLFSON
on 7/31/09 1:50 am - St. George, UT
My goodness Joyce....How are you? I've been meaning to catch up with your busy soul!

When I read one of your posts several months ago about eating the fats...Butter, EVOO...I decided hey what can it hurt at the time my weight loss was so very slow...So I kicked in with eating what I have always called dangerously...What a difference it had made...I feel great!

Thanks for your great ideas and always giving feedback that helps...

Love you girl!

JR
EastCoastGal
on 7/29/09 2:39 am
Did you have RNY, lost 30 pounds, and then regained 30 pounds? I work at a bariatric center of excellence and they found the success rate of the Stomaphyx to be poor once people went to solids and stopped doing it. I hope all goes well for you on Friday.
Stacey      HW 440, SW 245, GW 130             
Most Active