Revision

dmarie1983
on 6/18/09 6:27 am - Louisville , KY

Please help!  I was banded  April 2005 and found much success with this tool. My total loss was 83 lbs. As of Dec 2007, I noticed that  I could have three chicken wings versus the two that would go down successfully. I talked to the surgeon and he order swallows and scopes to see if the pouch had stretched or band had slipped. Neither was the case. The surgeon said there must be a leak in port so a port revision was done. Immediately it was determined that the surgery was not a success and was told I need to have band replaced. I was furious and felt that I was being taken. I just walked away from the situation because I knew my insurance was not going to pay for another one. I have now incurred numerous bills for the port revision and I feel wronged.  Just wanted to give a brief description of my situation. So my question is, has anyone ever had the experience?

I am really nervous about getting it fixed I wonder if I will wake up and and the same unsuccessful event will occur. If so then I will have more bills on top of what I have. I am willing to do a new band, but the thought of waking up and having the same event just terrifies me.  Has anyone ever heard of the band companies taking the responsibility for a faulty band. Has anyone had anything similar to my situation.

ThinkThinForever
on 6/19/09 1:11 am - MI
My mom has a band and had the same situation - they thought her port was leaking.  She had the surgery for that done and it turned out she actually needed a new band.  She did relent and get the new band, in the end she is glad she did because she is doing well with her band once again.   She had to pay for all of this herself.
Most Active