APPROVED

Stephanie_Texas
on 6/15/09 1:17 pm - TX
Hi All - just wanted to let you all know I had the scope done last Tuesday.
My Doctor did find a hernia, nothing major. 

The GREAT news is I got a call today and my
insurance has
APPROVED the REVISION!!

I Meet with my doctor on Wed. to decide which surgery RNY or Sleeve.

Surgery date July 6th
Start liquid
diet on the 22nd.
Gearing myself up for that. Never tasted Opti-fast before.  Anyone used it before, what do you think of it?

WOW - 3 weeks will be here before I know it.

YEAH.....

Hope everyone has a great week!

Stephanie

Stephanie
May we all become the person we hope to be - may our goals be achieved and our dreams come true

Jerimiah 29:11
brandyII
on 6/15/09 1:21 pm
Which procedure did you have the first time?  I haven't tried Optifast we had Medifast liquid and I could only tolerate chocolate and put in the blender with some ice and milk.  Good luck with your revision Nancy.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

Stephanie_Texas
on 6/15/09 2:06 pm - TX
I had the lap band 5 1/2 years ago - lost 85 lbs , gained about 25 lbs,  the band has slipped twice and I have never met goal. I am so ready for this!

Thanks for the info on the medifast, I bet they are similar

Stephanie
Stephanie
May we all become the person we hope to be - may our goals be achieved and our dreams come true

Jerimiah 29:11
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/09 11:37 pm
I hate to be the bear of bad news but I had to do the optifast. It was TERRIBLE. I had to put it a half a bottle of water, shake it up real good and then plug my nose and slam it. I basically lived on sugar free jello and popsicles for a month.

I will say this.. it's all worth it in the end. A little torture for a wonderful outcome!!
brandyII
on 6/15/09 11:57 pm
Well you did well initially with the band although it's not always the perfect tool for everyone, especially when it causes complications.

I never lost with it and at my age with my comps need the malaborption and a consistent restriction that the RNY gives.  I know a lot of people who have been banded and lost most of their weight and then developed issues seem to "love" the sleeve although a lot of docs don't do it here and many seem to go down to Mexico.  This is just info I know from the other forum LBT that has it's own sleeve sister site now.  I knew it wouldn't do me any good plus my daughter had the RNY over a year ago and so I've been there with her through it and feel more prepared for this surgery than I was with the band.  I would assume the two are similar but I like to make mine like a shake and it kind of has to sit to "thicken" and I usually just pop the whole blender pitcher in the freezer during that time.  Sometimes colder is better, lol.  Anyway good luck, Nancy.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

lgleeson
on 6/16/09 1:58 am
Congrats so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strawberry2
on 6/16/09 11:28 am
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

Most Active