Aetna and Denial

Michaelle H.
on 6/5/09 5:55 am - Puyallup, WA

Has anybody had luck apealing to Aetna and getting approved for a Revision? I had to switch from my husbands Insurance when I was hired on and Aetna has denied me twice and won't accept another new revision submittle by  my Dr.

I have gained back over 1/2 the weight I have lost and ALL of my co morbidites are back and there still denying me.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Michaelle in Puyallup, WA

(not vitalady michele)

Michaelle H
300/165/260

mizzzkittty
on 6/6/09 4:36 pm - ocala, FL
Perhaps you can find out what their criteria is for a revision. Also maybe you can seek out another dr? Maybe have them have you see a dietition and record your progress.

good luck.
Kathy H.
on 6/7/09 7:30 am - Kent, WA
I'm surprised by this post.

I have Aetna insurance, and had exactly ZERO issues getting approved for my VBG to DS revision. In fact, I was approved just days after being submitted. I know there are different versions of each insurance company, and it could be that you have an exclusion for WLS in your company's particular policy.

I wish I had some suggestions for you. Perhaps get ahold of Aetna directly and find out why you're being denied?

Hopefully, it's something simple that can be resolved!

Best of luck

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

ladydi1970
on 6/8/09 9:10 am - GA
What's the reason for the denial?

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Renfairewench
on 6/20/09 1:15 pm
Interesting. I have Aetna too and requested an RNY to DS revsion. I was approved in just a couple of days. What is the reason they are giving for denial of a revision?  Is it possible that your husbands Aetna plan has a rider that does not cover WLS surgery? If you cannot get an approval you could always go to Independent Medical Review. I don't know much about it or how it is accomplished, but I have heard that a lot of Kaiser insurers have had to go thru IMR in order to get an approval for a DS.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Most Active