Question RNY wanting revision

sosoclark
on 6/4/09 8:09 am - Sacramento, CA

Thanks Daisy.

Kerry J.
on 6/3/09 10:24 am - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Sophia,

I got a revision from my gastric bypass to DS last September and I really love the DS life. I lived with gastric bypass / RNY for 28 years so I know very well what it's like.

You really should learn all you can about your options, IMO the DS is the only way to go, but you need to find out what is best for you. You can learn a lot about the DS on www.dsfact.com or come over the the DS forum and ask questions.

Good luck,

Kerry 
corinne P.
on 6/3/09 10:43 am - sparks, nv
Hi Kerry,
Sorry but I am a little lazy.  What is the DS and IMO?  Is the DS the switch?
Kind regards,
Corinne
Kerry J.
on 6/3/09 11:22 am - Santa Clara, UT
 Hi Connie,

Yes; DS is Duodenal Switch and IMO is short for In My Opinion.

Kerry
corinne P.
on 6/3/09 11:26 am - sparks, nv
Nice. Thank you.
Monique H.
on 6/4/09 1:27 am

I just wanted to say hello to you and good luck. I'm also in Sac and have blue shield. I wanted revision to ds and couldn't get insurance to go for it. I also didn't push too hard for it, because I didn't know if I could come up with the thousands they wanted for fees. I ended up being made a distal rny and for some reason my body is still just holding on to the weight. Make sure that no matter what you fight for what you want.

God Bless

Monique

WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
sosoclark
on 6/4/09 1:40 am - Sacramento, CA
Thank you Monique I will keep fighting.
Most Active