HELP! Anyone had BAND to DS REVISION!! Band isn't working!

Tonya D.
on 6/1/09 10:25 am - Aurora, MO
Hey everyone!  Has ANYBODY out there had a revision done from the Lap Band to DS?  I'm coming up on my 1 year Bandaversary, and have only lost a measly 45 lbs! Shots in the stomach SUCK and they've NEVER been able to hit the port on the first try.....4, 5, 6 sticks! UUGH!  Please send me a PM if you have...  thanks so much!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/2/09 4:02 am
There are many band to DS revisions on the DS board, so you may want to post this over there where they may see. This board just doesn't get the traffic.
Zee Starrlite
on 6/2/09 5:08 am
I've got a 1 shot doc !  You should allow no one to keep poking you like that.  It too looks like your LB is working.  45lbs is cool for 1 year as you are a "lightweight"

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

healthierme
on 6/2/09 8:28 am - Triangle, NC
I'm sorry you're not happy with your band. It must be very frustrating. However, your results are very within the normal range for the lapband. It should be thought of as a three year process. At your current rate, you'd lose 135 pounds!
I'm considering a revision to the DS, but only because my band has slipped.
Tonya D.
on 6/10/09 10:25 am - Aurora, MO
Hi, what were your signs of band slippage?

JustLora
on 6/6/09 8:28 am - Omaha, NE
When I started looking at WLS I was very interested in the Band, BUT I started reading the boards. From what others stated  and the number of revisions, I started seriously consider gastric sleeve.  At one time the sleeve was the first part of a two part surgery for the DS. I am planning on have the sleeve done in the fall.

Good luck,
 Lora
jass28
on 6/9/09 5:35 am - A Town, NJ
Yes I was one of them and I am so happy I am free of that choke chain.  I had the band for over a year and lost 20 lbs.  Yet I had reflux, food got stuck ALL THE TIME, vomitting and hated getting fills and unfills.  Here's my post about reaching goal. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3952462/At-Goal-before- and-after-photos/

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Most Active