6 month Supervised Diet

Lizparks
on 5/20/09 8:47 am - HACKENSACK, NJ
Is it necessary to go through a 6 month supervised diet when you have a problem with band.  Test do not show slippage but I have constant reflux and pain.  I have NJ Horizon Direct 10.  Thanks
msubb
on 5/20/09 2:04 pm - mesquite, TX
The 6 month supervised diet rule make no sense to me either, especially when i have been having the band for almost 4 years. What tha hell??? That was a supervised weight loss effort.
ok so i just complied  and pcp put me on two diff kinds of weight loss drugs that did not help me at all. If 6 months is all they want , give it to them. My reflux and pain was so bad i was willing to do anything no matter how stupid i thought it was. My flux was so bad that i would literally awake out of my sleep with  vomit in my mouth choking, i was afraid that i was going to choke to death in my sleep. So if 6 months is all they want, give it to them.
Kathy H.
on 5/21/09 1:49 pm - Kent, WA
I would call my insurance company and make sure. Then call again.

I have Aetna, and the six month pre-op diet was NOT a requirement for a revision. Nor was the weight history.

Good luck
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Most Active