StomaphyX info needed

Regina Ping
on 5/18/09 11:36 am - Vero Beach, FL
I recently had an EGD performed and was told by my doctor that my stoma opening is very large and that could be contributing to my weight gain.  I am beginning the first steps on finding out any info on the StomaphyX procedure.  Has anyone had this procedure?  What were your results?  I have looked into all types of revision procedures and this is one I am not familiar with.  Any info would be appreciated.  Also, how is the ROSE procedure different than the StomaphyX procedure?

Regina
pepsi98
on 5/20/09 7:39 am - Norwich, CT
I PM'd you!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

mistyfog
on 5/28/09 9:26 pm - Worcester, MA
 I am wondering about this procedure too.  Any comments?

thanks,
misty
jenny P.
on 7/16/09 6:19 am - comanche, ok
Hi, Regina!
I am new to the board and my main purpose was to find out if anyone has had the StomaphyX procedure. I just had it about a week ago and I am feeling great. It was outpatient with only slight discomfort. So far I am down 9 lbs in one week. Of course I would contribute that to a liquid diet. According to my surgeon I should lose the extra pounds I put on in the last 5 years after RNY - BUT only by following their strict diet instructions and maintaining an exercise vigil . I am looking at this procedure as a way to get back on track and an additional tool to get there.
Thanks,
Jen
Most Active