Stomaphyx procedure 4/22/09 update

jenny P.
on 7/16/09 6:53 am - comanche, ok
HI, Nancy!
I just had StompahyX July 10th in Moore also! How is yours going? I am doing ok ...down 9 lbs so far. My surgeon is Dr. Nelson at OWLO.
Just saw this post and wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Jen
nkoehler88
on 7/16/09 11:37 pm - Moore, Ok
Oh wow that was my Doctor also!!! I am down 7 pounds and having the WORST head hunger ever lol It is so great to know someone here, the same day is going thru this with me!!! I have a follow up with Dr.Nelson Friday the 31st so i hope i am doing REALLY well by then.
jenny P.
on 7/17/09 12:09 am - comanche, ok
Amen Sister! I have three kids and when you have to cook spaghetti and drink your protein shake for supper it's a new form of torture! I want to lose 40 lbs. So I'm down nine that's only 32 to go...
I know the big test for me will be when I start eating actual food instead of drinking it. Following all the rules will get me there I hope.

FYI...I did find a new protein drink...Muscle Milk. Or at least it was new to me. Good stuff!
Jen
mcnealjw
on 7/23/09 4:50 am - Louisa, VA
StomaphyX on 07/31/09 with
 Jenny- How are your results?  Is this working well for you?
nkoehler88
on 7/31/09 9:37 am - Moore, Ok
Okay I am SO EXCITED!!!!! I went to see Dr.Nelson today , well not only am I fealing TONS better but I am on track and have lost 15 pounds since my surgery(que the music and start the peanuts dance)!!!! Just a bit more to go and ill be at my weight after my RNY in 2001!!!! And that is my goal if I hit under that well whoooooooooo hooooooooo just iceing on the protien bar :0)

Jenny SO great to meet/see you today and that you are doing so well!!!!
nkoehler88
on 7/17/09 12:15 am - Moore, Ok
I have 60 I wanna loose if i loose 20 more, well YIPPY LOL I hear ya i have my son and HUBBIN and making them meals just about kills me, I am determined to do this right, so i am not in the same boat again!
nkoehler88
on 7/24/09 10:13 am - Moore, Ok
Well day 14 and down 12 pounds, I am just now starting to step up my walking to a steady pace not just a slow walk. I still fight with food, although I am not hungry, there are days I dont eat enough and other days i eat the house, I keep a journal so that keeps me honest. But it I am determined to not give up and do the best I can. I still have days where my stomach hurts but not so bad I can not function. I have. I started pureed foods today, not to sure how that is gonna work cause I need a strick plan to stick to so I dont cheat. I love the nectar protien shakes, lots of flavors and easy to mix in jus****er so thats what I am trying to focus my meals on and just s/f pudding and s/f jello for snacks.
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 2:23 pm - San Diego, CA
Hi Nancy,

Unfortunately, she hasn't posted since 5/8/09...I would love to know her progress too.  I looked into this procedure as my revision and due to the severe lack of success rate I discovered during my extensive research, I opted for the lap-band over my bypass.

I would love to hear how she is doing...hopefully soon.  Keep us posted on your progress too Nancy and good luck! :)
kressysays
on 7/24/09 12:11 pm - Decorah, IA
My surgeon wasn't willing to do a lap band over an RNY - something about blood supply issues - are other surgeons actually doing this?

Most Active