Strawberry2
on 5/8/09 11:40 am
Days and counting - any last minute details I may need to do?
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

shele
on 5/9/09 3:06 am

Yayy for you!  Protien protein protein...helps you heal!

Good luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 5/11/09 12:22 am - St. George, UT
Good Luck Strawberry:

I'm right behind you on the 20th....Are you on the liquid diet? How's that going for you? I started mine a week ago...(Dr.s orders) and I'm a real brat at home...I feel like I'm trying to stop a 20 year smoking habit or something. It's crazy!

I forgot what form of revision your having?

Good luck to you....We will be sending some prayers your way.....You will do fine!

Janie
Lorie2
on 5/11/09 6:01 am
When I went in for my surgery I only needed clear liquids 2 days before. No presurgery diet was needed. everything went well too.  I would have had a hard time doing that for a week or two!!
Debba
on 5/11/09 3:27 am - West Deptford, NJ
Revision on 05/19/09 with
I'm having my revision (band to RNY) on the 19th and I can't wait!!!  I'm starting week 2 of the meal replacements and YIKES!!  I don't remember it being this hard the first time around. 

Good Luck to you!

Debbie

JROLFSON
on 5/11/09 5:14 am - St. George, UT
I'm beginning my second week on meal replacements as well... My surgery scheduled on May 20th...I'm having a heck of a time with it....And your right I don't remember it being this hard but for the first and second surgeries I had they didn't require you go on a liquid diet....Are you totally liquid or do you get chicken, fish:?

I can't wait to get this over with.

Janie
JROLFSON
on 5/11/09 7:46 am - St. George, UT
Debba:

What are you using for your meal replacements and can you have anything else besides the replacements?

I'm trying to get all information I can...I've been on this thing for a week and I tell you it is so hard.

I have cheated twice and I feel so guilty!

How are you doing?

Janie
Debba
on 5/11/09 8:57 pm - West Deptford, NJ
Revision on 05/19/09 with
Janie,

Our doctors have us use Champion Nutrition meal replacements, 3 x's a day for 2 weeks prior to surgery.  They buy it in bulk, and we buy it from them (at a discount).  I can have 0-5 cal drinks, like crystal light and even sugar-free jello or sugar-free ice pops.  I HAVE to have my coffee in the morning so I do drink that.  If that's considered cheating, then I'm cheating everyday!!  I did it the last time and I had no problems.  I'm on day 9 and I've dropped 7 lbs. so far.  Today is my pre-op so I have to fast until I get my bloodwork this morning.  They told me to bring my drink with me and I can have it as soon as they draw the blood.  They day before surgery (that'd be Monday) I have to do clear liquids and of course, nothing the day off (and wouldn't you know it - I'm third on the list, my doc has two band surgeries before me).

I'm very on edge it seems.  It's crazy!!  I had to stop at the supermarket last night for milk and other things I'll need post-op (cream soups, etc) and I couldn't wait to get outta there - all that food was making me nuts!!!  It'll be over soon and I'll be the better for it and so will you!!!  WE CAN DO IT!!!

Deb

JROLFSON
on 5/11/09 5:14 am, edited 5/11/09 5:15 am - St. George, UT
Strawberry

Are you doing the liquid diet?

Janie
Strawberry2
on 5/11/09 10:30 am
Hi All
my dr didn't put me on a weeks worth of liquids - today I did pretty good had 2 protein shakes and a very small dinner - just told me the day before to be on it full liquids- which it will be tomorrow -  I am so nervous - I am going for revision RNY- after all the reading I was leaning towards ERNY but just decided that I wanted my pouch made smaller - so here's to joining the loosing bench
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

Most Active