RNY to DS: One Year Later . . .

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/19/09 4:55 am
Wow, you have done an incredible job! Normally, revisions lose more slowly than virgin surgeries, so your loss sounds ESPECIALLY good! Keep rocking that DS!
Ms S.
on 3/19/09 5:58 pm
Funny you mention that because I wasn't sure if that applied to me as it's been so long since I had the original RNY (in 1998). I believe I coulda lost more faster if I'd been doing the low carb thing regularly but I really just eat whatever I want (within a 'normal' quantity scope) and part of me also thought I may be perceived as trying to 'blame' slower loss on the fact that I'm a revision.  Either way, I'm VERY happy with myself so far.  I know I have a ways to go though.  Take Care!

Ms S.
on 3/19/09 5:41 pm
Thank you so much for the congrats and the kudos ya'll!  I just wanted to post cuz I rarely do these days cuz of work and school and family and life!  I often kick myself because I'm not losing as fast as or down to X size "by now" but I really do feel great these days!  I'll keep ya'll updated as time marches on (I also posted this on the DS site)...

pepsi98
on 3/19/09 7:32 pm - Norwich, CT
Really, you're doing great!!   I had a band over bypass as a revision and let me tell you slow is not the word for my weight loss!  It feels as it's at a snails pace...but I believe I'm near my sweet spot, so we'll see with the next fill. 

Keep up the great work!!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Ms S.
on 3/19/09 9:59 pm
It does get stressful but I'm a believer that each surgery has it's successes.  I'm not familiar with the stats for Realize but even with my DS, I thought the weight wasn't falling off near as fast as it 'should'. 

I had to change my thinking and not compare myself to others cuz there are at least a few RNY to DS revisions that made goal within the first 6, 7, 8 months!

No worries - though it may seem slow right now, you may likely look back and see the weight was falling off. Number one is making sure you communicate your concern with your surgeon!  Don't be shy!  Keep your head up ...

pepsi98
on 3/20/09 6:26 am - Norwich, CT
Thank you Sharon!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Valerie G.
on 3/26/09 10:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Okay, you need to drag your skinny butt over to the DS board and share your success.  You're doing just wonderfully.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

April J.
on 5/10/09 12:30 pm - Bowie, MD
You look absolutely wonderful. You are making me really excited about the possibility of revision to DS from RNY. I am just concerned about the recovery time. After the RNY, I was back to work in 7 days. That does not seem possible with the revision to DS. Please tell me what I can expect.
Katrina B.
on 5/11/09 11:18 am - Prestonsburg, KY
WOW Sharon! 
Congratulations, you look great.
Most Active