Can we block them?

shele
on 3/15/09 3:13 am
Hey,
I have never used the block feature, how does it work?  Will all their posts be blocked, ( from the blockers view) or does it just prevent private messaging?

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/15/09 5:23 am
Not sure who "them" are, but you can easily block anyone with the block button underneath the post. All of their posts will be blocked, so you don't have to read anything from them.

I have a thick skin, and don't put much weight in what some posters say, and often just get a laugh if it's too outlandish. If you are aggravated by other posters, the block feature is the easiest way to make OH stress free for you.
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 6:07 am - AZ
On March 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM Pacific Time, shele wrote:
Hey,
I have never used the block feature, how does it work?  Will all their posts be blocked, ( from the blockers view) or does it just prevent private messaging?

It gets rid of everything.  You can't see their posts, they can't see yours, and no PMs.  I'm about to do it myself.

StacysMom
on 3/15/09 4:15 pm, edited 3/15/09 4:53 pm
 "Blocking" is like  book burning and censoring the news.  Whether  it's written or said, you don't have to pay credence to it if you don't want to.   Just change the channel, read another thread - don't read that particular book.   

However, if someone does censor the news or burns a book, there is knowledge lost that can no longer be learned, and that is a pity.    One may think there is nothing to be gained, but sometimes the most interesting and useful information can come from the most unlikely source.

This reminds me of the recent government censorship in releasing news photos showing the numbers of  caskets of U.S. soldiers who have died in the Middle East.   Whether we are able to see the photos or not, the truth is that the boys are still dead, and "not looking" at the pictures will not change that.

Food for thought.    
Personally, I agree with you on censorship.  But, as a newbie to "this group", not OH & not WLS that is not even what I want to block.  You guys are getting very personal and almost somewhat childish that clouds the purpose of what  I am trying to learn.

You know what  I mean?  It would not be censorship.  If it wasn't so much personal fighting going on.  Not just by your comments, but by the others as well who are trying also to make it seem like they aren't being equally insulting.

What puzzles me is don't we have enough to deal with than to keep this infighting going.  Can't you guys just agree to disagree.  There was a time where I felt I would NEVER in a million years get an RNY, although my husband had one and was quite successful. I was lapband period!!!  But, now I find myself seriously doing it. 

Terri D.
Certified Life Coach with Specialization in Weightloss and Bariatrics
Working towards Bachelors in Exercise Science with specialation in Bariatrics
Revision to Gastric 4/9/2009 from Lapband

At goal at 7 months.... thanks to lifestyle change, exercise, & an acai berry drink.  Inflamation in body-Gone, Headaches- Gone

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9LYB37/">
 _fcksavedurl=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w9LYB37/weight.png">>

LosingSally
on 3/15/09 2:37 pm
Funny you should ask this. I had to block stacysmom, and I guess MWG blocked me!
This means you can't see their posts, and I don;t think they can see yours except by signing out, and reading them. You also can't reply to them, nor they , to you.
It works well.
I saw MWG reply to my last post to her, but was unable to reply, so I had to copy and paste and reply to my orginal post!
I guess i'm blocked. All I can say is " sigh!"  I think it will cause less stress in the long run.
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 6:02 pm - AZ
Hi LosingSally,

I also have blocked out StacysMom and MWG block me out which is a good thing for me. Also I block out the Coconut person too ! I think when they are gone or blocked we will have alot more posters out here that will be very happy. I feel great about it already. I want to see positive things being posted and not hate mail post from them. Oh to hear from you soon Losing Sally.

Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 1:37 am
Hello Ladies:

The BLOCK button...well...hmmmm....so far this site has been pretty darn friendly, but I have just been on it today and one other. I have been spending some time on the DS board. Now that was an experience. If you ever want to get FLAMED as they call it and be called names...go there and make one mistake. The OH rep told me about the block button as I was having a difficult time staying focused and as a nurse professional in the speciality of bariatrics, I didn;t need to lower myself to their tactics. So, it has worked very well for me. What they have to say about me can't anger or hurt me and keeps me focused as to my reason for being on the board. I did find out that they can still read all of my posts by signing out and just reading. They just can't reply. Whatever...As long as I don;t have to have it in my face...I'm good. Shame it has to be that way. I'm not about drama and hatin' people...I figure we all have something valuable to say and to share....

Cathi Roskind
ladydi1970
on 3/16/09 8:50 am - GA
**Hijack!

Nice Avatar Cathi!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/09 11:33 am
Hey Di...
Thanks. Did you see the one of me on my Clydesdale? LOL...check it out! Who knew?

Cathi
Most Active