To all who had a VBG to RNY revision paid by insurance

Rhonda S.
on 2/17/09 5:55 am - Bensalem, PA

I'm curious what, if any, complications did you experience with the old stomach stapling?  After an endoscopy my surgeon found regarding my 1987 VBG a total staple line rupture, band erosion and mesh somewhere in the wall of my stomach.  I'm in the midst of awaiting a medical necessity decision by my insurance which will cover revisions if complications endanger ones health.

LisaAnn
on 2/17/09 10:28 am - WA
Hi, I cannot answer your question, as I am in your same shoes, but just wanted to let you know, you are not alone. 

My VBG has failed too, mine is only 3 years old, but failed none the less...

I am seeking a revision to RNY...(Wanting DS, but my insurance does not cover DS).

Good luck to you!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

505dardar
on 2/17/09 1:47 pm - albuquerque, NM
I had a VBG in 1991 and it was a total failure.  I just had a upper GI done and the radiologist said my stomach looked perfectly normal with no signs of any VBG.  I do have the huge scar to prove it though.  No huge complications to speak of.  Some reflux and hernia.
MsDeniseinPA
on 2/18/09 2:41 am - PA
I had some staple line disruption and multiple adhesions/scar tissue.
nursekrista35
on 2/19/09 10:02 am - louisville, OH
i had the vbg and constant vomiting, hitial hernias, and the worst reflux in the world not to mention i got diabetes and htn and all the other great stuff along the way. my insurance covered the entire procedure due to all the problems i had and having soo many medical problems as well. hope that helps
Most Active