Please tell me. How much $$ is a RNY for Self Pay?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 2/12/09 11:42 pm, edited 2/12/09 11:44 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Since BCBS Federal will not cover my revision from Lap Band to RNY.  What would be the cost for a RNY here in US, preferably in OK?  Please respond.

Thanks!!!    

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

amm2008
on 2/13/09 3:43 am - Seattle, WA
I'm in WA but the self-pay cost of the hospital in Portland, OR where I had surg was just under $40,000.  The hospital I work in Seattle, WA charges $36,000+ for self-pay patients (I saw 1 patient a couple weeks ago who is paying $56,000 - not sure if they were having a revision though).

Alicia
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 6:32 am - AZ
On February 13, 2009 at 7:42 AM Pacific Time, Virginia T. wrote:

Since BCBS Federal will not cover my revision from Lap Band to RNY.  What would be the cost for a RNY here in US, preferably in OK?  Please respond.

Thanks!!!    

Have you looked at the sleeve?  Might be an option for you.

I wouldn't be so quick to stay in the US.  It's very expensive.  Check out the post on top of this one, $36K.  In Mexico a revision from band to bypass is $14,500 and that includes 6 nights in the hospital.

Research is free, sugery in the US without insurance is verry expensive.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/14/09 4:54 am
Have you looked at all the surgeries? I see you know of RNY and band, and someone has mentioned the sleeve, but there is also the DS, which has the best weight loss statistics, and weight loss maintenance (especially long term) of any weight loss procedure. Like the RNY, you must take vitamin supplements, but you don't have the stoma issues, or dumping, and no limitations on medications you can take or drinking with meals. The risks are the same as the RNY, but all revision surgeries have a higher risk, so make sure you get a surgeon who is skilled at revisions.

There are several great surgeons that will do it for 15-20k cash, which is a bargain, especially for getting the best surgery with the best surgeons. Good luck on you research, and your revision. If you have any DS questions, there are many well informed and helpful folks on the DS board, and we'd love to see you there!
Most Active