5 days out from Revision...

jillagin2000
on 2/9/09 12:18 am
Hello!
I've been back from my revision which happened on Wednesday since Friday evening and am doing well.  I drove my parents home to the airport this morning so am doing well.  I'll probably be back at work this Thursday at least part time.

Everything went just fine, my surgeon wanted to give me a small, small pouch so she had to do some hand sewing on the old scar tissue from the Band.  She's happy with the results but you should have seen the looks on the Radiologists'  face when they did the swallow test on Thursday :-)

I'm sipping, sipping, sipping and walking a whole lot, down to maybe two short naps a day and sleeping through the night.  I'm saving the narcotics for nighttime only for the most part.  I took my parents out to dinner last night and they each ordered real food and I had a cup of chicken noodle soup fully strained by our server so I only had the broth :-) and about half a cup of apple juice.  I'm not using the medicine cups so much, just taking a 1 or 2 teaspoon sip and putting the lid back on my water bottle.  I have to calculate but I'd guess I'm getting in maybe 4-6 cups of the 8 that I need.  I think this early out I'm doing just fine.

I haven't had a ton of pain, some of course but not totally mind blowing.  It's really hard to tell the cats and the puppy they can sleep on my legs or my shoulder but not my belly, they just can't fathom there's a difference LOL.

310/285/164/145
Highest/Surgery #1/Current/GOAL

LisaAnn
on 2/9/09 4:22 am - WA
I just wanted to say congratulations on feeling so GOOD!!!! Good luck, you are ON YOUR WAY!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active