Three to 10 days in the hospital then 2 weeks recovery???

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/09 8:34 am - Phx, AZ
PS:  I was only in the hospital for 1 day.  Then the 6 weeks for recup.

As far as your being a Baby... OMG!!!  I discovered that I AM A BABY after the surgery.  Please never doubt what you think you, yourself, can take, what your limitations are.  I thought I could care for myself afterwards...and ended up needing some 'babysitting' (appropriate, eh?)

Lizzie G
lisabelll
on 1/3/09 4:37 am
See, I am beginning to think maybe he was thinking when he said the 2 weeks so fast that I was still going with the laproscopic surgery.  I originally didn't want him to repair the hernia making the operation an open instead of laproscopic.  I was thinking that I would just get the hernia repaired later when I have my plastic surgery done.  But realistically, I am not sure if I am ever going to be able to afford plastic surgery and so I might as well have the hernia repaired now.

I have scheduled myself to return to work 6 weeks past my surgery date.  I still think 2 weeks recovery from open hernia surgery (to say nothing of the revision) is just crazy!!!  I know me and if I am at work I will push myself and probably injure myself.

Oh, and OMG, totally wasn't thinking of bathroom issues!  I am in an office which I am not 'allowed' to leave without someone replacing me.  I have honestly waited an hour once!  What if I had to potty?!?!?!?  Never even occurred to me!!

Still not over the possible need to be in the hospital for 10 days though.  Lets pray that was a gross estimation!
Most Active