I am back from my double whammy!

-Butterfly-
on 10/11/08 3:31 am, edited 10/11/08 3:35 am
Hello everyone!

I had both my Sclerotherapy and Colonoscopy done and now I am home recovering.  Both procedures went a bit hard ...  for some reason while I was sedated, I was fighting the doctors during the procedures.    I don't remember anything about it, but I do remember that I was very worried about my colonoscopy and was wanting to change my mind about it just as they injected me with the meds.  So, I wonder if I was protesting while being sedated because I was scared and conflicted about it?  Who knows.... anyway, they got the Sclerotherapy done with out too much hassle (I did fight a little I was told), I am NOT in as much pain as I was the first time.  My stomach hurts a little inside and I have some nausea.  My throat hardly hurts though, unlike last time.  So that is good!  However, the Colonoscopy didn't go so well.  They were only able to get through about a 3rd of it if you divide it into 4 parts.  Apparently I was moving a lot and wouldn't hold still once they got to a certain point, after several attempts they had to give up.  What they did see was clear and healthy looking, they don't suspect any sort of growth or cancer.  That is awesome!

My recovery from the colonoscopy is hard, my stomach feels completely bruised up inside.  It feels like I was used as a punching bag.  I was expecting to see bruises when I looked in the mirror, but it must all be inside.  Maybe they had to push on my stomach or something?  All I know is it hurts very badly and is so sensitive to touch and movement! 

I can't wait til I feel back to normal, I have this really neat program I am going to follow!  I hope that by Christmas I will be down a LOT of weight!   
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs
Back up to 400 lbs - 2008

Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part one - 9/2/08
Endoscopic Sclerotherapy part two - 10/10/08
Ruth A.
on 10/11/08 4:01 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Good to hear you are doing well.  You probably feel bruised up because you were moving around so much - I'm sure you will be feeling better soon.

Looking forward to following your success,

-Butterfly-
on 10/13/08 3:11 pm
Most definitely!!!  It was pretty painful, that is for sure! 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

KRWaters
on 10/11/08 4:53 pm - Manteca, CA
It is too bad you were protesting so much because really, truly, no pain, no trouble at all with any 3 of the colonoscopies I have had, the last one in May. The worst part of it all was drinking the Golytely crap to clean y ou out. I never felt pain and my insides never hurt at all. I wish someone had explained to you how easy it would be, though I believe i have heard some say it does hurt, but may be they got no twinkle meds to keep you calm and sedated. I even got to see one on the video monitor as it was done and it was pretty neat.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

-Butterfly-
on 10/13/08 3:08 pm
Wow... I think that would be interesting to see.... but, kinda icky too. 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/08 3:01 pm, edited 10/13/08 3:17 pm - AZ

Did you know that the colonoscopy does not go into your stomach ? If you had a EGD they would look into your stomach that way. A colonoscopy only looks at your intestines not your stomach. Maybe your doctor could of sedated you better. The last EGD I had was painful. I could feel the scope in my stomach poking me about and I could not do a thing. I was so mad at the doctor but I will never let him do a EGD on me ever again. I was wide awake with my eyes popped open big time. No one should ever have pain from a colonoscopy or EGD. Please tell me what your really neat program is all about. I need all the help I can get.....

-Butterfly-
on 10/13/08 3:06 pm
Dawn,

How horrible that must have been!!!  I can't even imagine... I would have been scard for life!!!!
I agree that they probably should have drugged me a bit more... but, next time my doctor will know.  At least I don't remember feeling any pain.... even if at the time I did.  I am happy with that!  lol 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

-Butterfly-
on 10/13/08 3:03 pm
Hey everyone!

Thanks for your kind words!

I am feeling a whole lot better today, everything is back to normal except for a small bit of left over belly pain.  My doc's office called to check up on me today, they are pleased with my recovery.  So, I am feeling pretty good about everything. 

I had my first real meal today, I stayed full for THREE HOURS!!!!    I ate lunch and then went out to run errands.  I didn't even think about food until 3 hours later when my tummy let out a little gurgle.... I looked at the clock and was shocked that it had been that long since I ate, I cried!!! What a great feeling it was to actually have that feeling back! 

As for my plan, I am eating/drinking tons of protein, veggies (including juicing) eating flax seeds or oil in everything I can and walking 30 minutes 2 times a day, everyday.   So far I am feeling pretty good, although sore from walking after relaxing all weekend while I healed. 

I have to take my pc into the shop tomorrow, its acting up.  I might not be back for a couple days.  But, I'll be back ASAP!  I'll let you all know how my progress goes during the time I am waiting for my pc to be fixed.  Have a great week everyone!  HUGS 
 ~Keria~
RN-Y Bypass - 2004
615 lbs to 350 lbs

Ruth S.
on 10/14/08 1:39 pm, edited 10/14/08 1:46 pm - Orlando, FL
HI Keria...Im glad things are looking up! I can definately say that I can last 3 - 4 hrs w/o eating from breakfast, so long as I have a piece of candy available should I get low blood sugars. But the saiety is definately longer and I don't crave the snacks, chocolate and soda..though im having a little of it..(I have to a a conscience effort to not get the soda) and continue to work on drinking more water (though I keep a bottle at my desk all day)...and more exericse. I think though I can eat more and so when I see the dr I will request the stomaphyx so that he can make the pouch smaller and see if he can finish closing some of the stoma..as I saw someone post he should be able to suture the sides of the stoma as well.  Hopefully with this 2nd procedure things should be better. Though I know I'll encounter some stomach pain cause with the schlerotherapy I had no throat pain just sore stomach for 2.5 days.  the thing is Im STILL not going to the bathroom as a dr told me "everyday". that process is still very slow....so I don't know if I'll encounter any abdominal pain in the future due to stool buildup..only time will tell. Also, I really have lost any significant weight..though I did kinda return to my old weight of 175...however at my lowest was 165 (and even went down to 154 one time so I know I can go lower if I can get this one procedure done. I pray!
Do share this "neat" program...I'm interested in trying...anything. Hugs
Ruthy

PS....geeez...I thought original post was submitted 10/13 or sooner..hehehehe not realizing it was kinda an old post.....ooh welll...
Most Active