I Am So Happy With My Revision!

MARCIAM
on 10/8/08 12:01 pm - Sayville, NY
I just wanted to check in and tell you all how happy I am with my revision to RNY! I don't have acid reflux like I had with the band! I am satisfied with such a small amount of food! So far I have no complaints at all!  Life is really better and better every day! I am so grateful that I won my appeal and was able to have this surgery!
Thanks for listening to my ravings...
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Hazeleyes922
on 10/8/08 12:06 pm
Hi Marciam!
I am so happy to hear how satisfied you are with your revision.  I was wondering if you would kindly share your experience with me.
I had a lap band put in in 7/04. I tried and tried to make it work but was unsuccessful.  I had fills many time, the last one caused me acid reflux (very scary situation) and constant heartburn. This along with my diabetes, cholesterol, sleep apnea, bad knees, etc, etc.
After 4 years, I made the decision to have gastric bypass, I had all the medical evaluations and then.....I was denied by my insurance.  I am very upset by this bad news .......
Please tell me about your appeal. Any information will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,
MARCIAM
on 10/9/08 12:53 pm - Sayville, NY
I won my surgery through an external appeal to the New York State Department of Insurance.  They overturned the denial for the removal of the band and revision to RNY.  It was a hard fight but it was worth it!  Check out my profile for more of my sad saga...
RNY on 9/22/08

mew6495
on 10/8/08 12:21 pm - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS MARCIAM!  

That is wonderful news!  I am so glad it is working out for you and that you are feeling better.  I hope you continue your success and to heal with each day that passes.
MARCIAM
on 10/8/08 12:51 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks so much! I hope that you feel well and love your revision too!
RNY on 9/22/08

tysweetpea
on 10/8/08 1:42 pm - NEWMAN, CA

I am going to meet with my doctor next week to discuss a revision.  Anyone have any suggestions of what I should say or shouldnt say?

Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen,they are present with you.
~ St. Francis De Sales

MARCIAM
on 10/8/08 1:49 pm - Sayville, NY
Just tell him all of your concerns.  I think he has to know everything...
RNY on 9/22/08

Ruth A.
on 10/8/08 9:49 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
I'm so pleased for you  - glad it is all working out.  Let us know how you are doing...

MARCIAM
on 10/9/08 12:55 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks so much Ruth!  I love your avitar!
RNY on 9/22/08

mplemay2008
on 10/9/08 2:02 am - Canada
I'm having a quasi revision from a Gastric by-pass and doing a Lap-Band as I gained approx. 30 lbs. back and I see my appetite is increasing.  My sister had the Lap-band done 1 year ago and can go get a fill when she starts to feel to hungry.  I am choosing this route.  Has anyone else done this??
Most Active