Thinking about a total reversal of the RNY.....

shellbell1126
on 10/4/08 10:58 am, edited 10/4/08 3:19 pm - West Mifflin, PA
Ok, I am thinking about having a complete revision of the RNY.... I have lost 120% of my body weight, I have never came to a stand still. I have had 4 revisions since my orginal RNY surgery back in 2004! I am still losing weight, and I really eat alot, I am now extremely under weight and malnutritioned, I am always in constant pain! Ok so my question is has anyone out there had a reversal of the RNY or any other weight loss surgery???

Please help, I am at my wits end, I am very depressed and very scared, I will take any advice from this point!!! Just someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

markys mama
on 10/5/08 12:27 am - independence, CA
omgoodness!!!! I am so sorry that you are having so many problems. I never came anywere close to my goal. So i dont even know. But i want you to know that someone out there is reading and cares. I would think that if you had it revisied to normal you may regain alot maybe you could talk to your doc and see a nut. Are you still doing the shakes and are you eating 6 or more times a day. Like i said before i cant even know what you are going through but I hope it gets better for you. I say try everything and anything to get you healthy.high cal  things like mixing your pro. with icecream.  high cal bars and snacks.
hugs and keep us informed.
1 hour bf RNY 398
before Baby 220
goal 160
current 285
need to lose 129  chocolate
shellbell1126
on 10/5/08 1:41 am - West Mifflin, PA

Thanks so much, yea I eat alot throughout the day alot of food high in fat and protein, I had my last revision in March of this year and when I woke up to my surprise I had a feeding tube (GJ) placed in me~ at first I was very upset, then I realized that this was for my own health, but 20 plus days ago, the damn thing popped out! He removed the tube because I was not gaining any weight I was just maintaining, so he wanted to see if I would be able to maintain without the GJ tube, needless to say I havent, I am losing weight.... AND to make matters worse the whole never closed I am leaking stomach acid, so now I have another problem, I am just at my wits end, I dont know what to do anymore, I'm tired of being in pain all the time and feeling weak, its getting harder and harder everyday to interact with my children and my husband. I just want to be pain free and Healthy again.....

thanks for listening

hugs to all

~Shellbell~

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 2:12 am - AZ
On October 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM Pacific Time, shellbell1126 wrote:
Ok, I am thinking about having a complete revision of the RNY.... I have lost 120% of my body weight, I have never came to a stand still. I have had 4 revisions since my orginal RNY surgery back in 2004! I am still losing weight, and I really eat alot, I am now extremely under weight and malnutritioned, I am always in constant pain! Ok so my question is has anyone out there had a reversal of the RNY or any other weight loss surgery???

Please help, I am at my wits end, I am very depressed and very scared, I will take any advice from this point!!! Just someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

What kind of revisions did you have?

It is possible to reverse RNY but it's very difficult.

shellbell1126
on 10/6/08 7:38 am - West Mifflin, PA
I have had a revision of the staple line twice and a revision due to a fistula, and a revision due to a marginal ulcer that covered my pouch and over on to the staple line! I am getting very discouraged, If you would have asked me a year ago if this was all worth it I would have said YES!!!!! Now I am completely doubting this WLS, Can anyone give me some advice or even some encouragement? PLEASE
mew6495
on 10/5/08 2:21 am - MI
 I haven't had a reversal of my RNY but just wanted to post and say that I am so sorry for the difficulties you are going though.  I can't even begin to imagine how scary it must be for you.  Have you thought about going to see a different doctor?  I am sure you have already but just thought I would put it out there.   I wish you the best and wish there was something I could do for you.  Honey, I will send many prayers your way and keep you in my thoughts.  Good Bless you and please keep us posted to how you are doing.

shellbell1126
on 10/6/08 7:40 am - West Mifflin, PA
Thank You so much, I really appreciate it! I will keep all of you in my prayers and pray that none of you ever have to go through this!
Most Active