I Won MY Appeal For a Revision!

MARCIAM
on 8/25/08 10:35 am - Sayville, NY
Thank  you for the good wishes!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

tulagirl
on 8/25/08 10:07 am - Schenectady, NY
Congrats.  You must be so happy.  What insurance do you have that turned you down?  I am only curious because I am changing jobs and have to start with a new insurance company.
MARCIAM
on 8/25/08 10:43 am - Sayville, NY
My case was more complicated than usual. I am a retired New York City employee. I was a teacher for over 34 years.  My insurance is GHI for doctors and Blue Shield for the hospital. Any surgery or admission must be approved by the New York City Healthline. They are actually the ones who turned me down.  A friend of mine has GHI from her husband's place of business and she was approved right away. I'm just glad that I was able to appeal to the New York State Department of Insurance.  I am very grateful!

Thanks so much for the good wishes!

RNY on 9/22/08

Valerieb09
on 8/25/08 11:38 am - Seacoast, NH
Congratulations Marcia!
I hope your surgery is scheduled as soon as possible.  I don't regret having my revision at all.  I went for my two month checkup with my surgeon and I had lost 47 lbs.  He was so pleased!  I was too...lol.  I didn't realize I had lot that much although my clothes are very, very baggy on me.
It's too bad they dragged their feet and you have to have a 2nd surgery but it will all work out in the end.  Crossing my fingers for a speedy surgery date!
Valerie
MARCIAM
on 8/25/08 1:37 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Valerie! I hope that I do as well as you! You are doing a fanstastic job! It is a shame that I need 2 surgeries but I hope that it all will work out for the best.
RNY on 9/22/08

smittygirl
on 8/25/08 4:26 pm - Bridgeport, CT

That's certainly great news. Is there any chance you'll post a copy of your appeal letter?

MARCIAM
on 8/26/08 1:09 pm - Sayville, NY
MARCIAM
on 8/26/08 2:27 pm - Sayville, NY
My husband doesn't want me to post any personal information. Please PM me and I will help you all I can.
RNY on 9/22/08

Valerieb09
on 8/26/08 11:03 am - Seacoast, NH
Marcia,
I forgot to mention that it is so much easier to eat with the RNY than the lapband.  A few other revisioners have told me the same thing.  I can now enjoy a nice Cobb salad for dinner if I want to. There were so many things I could not eat with the band.  I could not eat healthy good for you food at all.
Valerie
MARCIAM
on 8/26/08 1:12 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Valerie!  My husband has RNY and he has never had problems with food the way I did.  I could eat some salad but not some raw veggies.  I also couldn't eat oranges or fruit with skin.  Last night I had a small piece of watermelon for the first time in years!
RNY on 9/22/08

Most Active