(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 8:14 am, edited 12/14/08 2:29 am

-

Arizonadck
on 8/6/08 10:31 am - Chicago, IL
First, congrats on your 10 pound weight loss - to me that is significant and to be applauded!  Thank you for this extraordinary post - I have read it 3 times and each time brought tears to my eyes!!  You make me feel so much better about myself !  You're an eloquent write - you should most definitely write a book!!  Thank you for making my day, for making me more at ease with decisions I have made in the past, ones I'm now making and ones to be made in the future!!  I'm seeking a revision (also with Dr. S) and feel so much better about myself since reading your post.  Cheers to you and to your road to a new healthy you!!  Take care!!  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 8/6/08 11:33 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you so much for filling us all in on your journey.  You are such an inspiration to me and I want to say that I enjoy all that you are saying and the insights that you have provided.  It just proves to me that I have chosen the right Dr. in my opinion.  I am so hoping that I can get approved.  I so desperately need to get this done and I know that Dr. Schlesinger will be the right fit for me as well as his office staff.  I am so happy for you to have lost 10 pounds.  It is wonderful that you have been able to lose it.  It's a long hard fight and you will get to your personal goal to be happy and healthy.  You positive attitude helps give us all hope
Thank you for being you.
Deanne 
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 10:35 pm, edited 8/7/08 2:56 pm - AZ
You sure know how to write very well. You get your point across. I love reading what you have to say. I wish I was more like you. Your so caring and honest and their is nothing fake about you. 10 lbs is great wait till your body cathes up. Than you will lose like 15 lbs in one week. I lost 15 lbs in 1 week. I notice it more in inches not by the scale. I hate getting weighed but I can tell when I try my clothes on they are getting bigger and bigger. Don't feel bad I am a slow loser my self. I am like at plateau due to the 15 lbs loss. It will catch up to me next week and I will lose more inches. One thing I have to tell myself I am not in competion to see who can lose the quickest. If I did that I would lose this contest everytime. I am a late bloomer in everything that I do but atleast I try. I am so glad that I have met you. I need more postive thought going my way. Thanks for this wonderful post. Alot of times I have thoughts and just can't post them as great as you do. I am so happy and proud your here on OH.

Your friend,
Dawn
Gwynn M.
on 8/7/08 4:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Even though I have not met many of the people here who INSPIRE me, I can STILL FEEL the INSPIRATION & SUPPORT & FRIENDSHIPS.   I feel very honored to be a part of such KIND AND HEARTFELT *SHARING*.  Your post and many others are so honest and open and true...

Your post and YOU are so greatly appreciated!  It gives me HOPE!!  I am not approved just yet, but I do have HOPE!  My HOPE comes from ya'all here AND the fact that, for me also, the kind and compasionate doctors and office staff ( Jen for one!)....are truly, truly exceptional!  That WOMAN keeps me PUMPED UP!!  As do the group here! SUPPORT is a WONDERFUL THING!

And just so you know, I believe that 10 POUNDS LOST IS TERRIFIC!!   Pounds gone bye bye!
It IS *PROGRESS* to your dreams of being HEALTHY & STRONG!!  WOOOOHOOO!

I love reading your posts.
Thank you for sharing a very special part of YOU,
Gwynn 
mew6495
on 8/9/08 3:08 am - MI
 CONGRATULATIONS!!!  10 pounds in 12 days is awesome!  I don't see that as a "slow" loss at all....remember the days before wls????  1/2 pound in one week was at times a triumph!  I love your attitude and your upbeat frame of mind.  It is a inspiration to us all.  Please keep us posted on your successes...  I have no doubt that you will reach your goals!
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/08 2:17 pm
Hi   mew6495,

send me a personal messagae when you can.  i can't seem to send you one...the webcite wouldn't let me through to you....i look for and follow your posts....i like the way you think and write. i want to be of assistance to you when you come for surgery, if that feels right to you...no pressure!   i am very excited for you.

i will gladly answer any questions at all about my experience...hopefully some of our experiences will be parallell and so my information might even be relevent!...othertimes, even if it is very diffierent...it is good food for thought and can help you formulate questions for your surgeon...

let's p.m. when the webcite is working correctly and then keep me posted as to how things are shaping up!

Wooo!  Hooo!
Sherry C.
on 8/10/08 1:18 am - Plainview, TX
Congrats to you,
 My first post op appt, was a gain of 9lbs, and my husband had lost 16. I was so bummed but after a yr, He has lost 156 and I have lost 151, SO It is much better. I lost more in inches than lbs. You are doing SUPER, and you attitude is awesome.
Keep up the good work,
Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Most Active