Day 6 of revision...oh the pain

fortworthgal
on 8/6/08 1:26 am - Fort Worth , TX
I had a revision from lap band to RNY on Aug 1. The pain in my stomach is rough. It radiates to my back. I wanted to quit the liquid Lortab but there is no way. My diet consists of
5 or 6 cups of Lactaid skim milk, maybe one cup of strained soup and 20 ounces of isopure for a total of 600-800(Max) calories and 60-70 grams of protein..Stepping on the scale is depressing because I have only lost 5 pounds since surgery day. I was down 6 but I gained a pound...eating 600-800 calories a day. I know its got to be the swelling. This surgery was much harder than my lap band. I go to the doctor tomorrow to get the staples out. Hopefully he can reassure me that I wont be the only RNY to not lose any weight.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Sherry C.
on 8/6/08 3:00 am - Plainview, TX
Read my profile . Call me or PM me if you want. My revision was a yr ago, w/Dr Barker. This toooooo shall pass. You are doing great.
Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

fortworthgal
on 8/6/08 3:36 am - Fort Worth , TX
Sherry, thanks so much. I enjoyed your profile and yall are doing great! Gives me hope. And its good to know I am not the only one who went through this.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Sherry C.
on 8/6/08 4:22 am - Plainview, TX
Do you go on the Texas forum? We meet everyother Sat at the Rise and Shine on Alta Mesa.
Come on in. It is an awesome group.
Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

adperez
on 8/6/08 6:01 am - NJ
Hi
I hope your recovery gets better.  I'm have my revision surgery on 8/18 and need a quick recovery because my mom is only staying for a week and I have to run the house and care for the children after she is gone.

why do you have staples? was your revision open?
lapband 9/05-lapband removed 4/08-revision RNY 8/08

Sarah76010
on 8/10/08 12:01 am - Mansfield, TX
Hang in there - your body is healing. Focus on getting well, the weight will come.

"You can make a life, or you can make excuses, but you can't do both."

Considering weight loss surgery? Check out the DS first!!
www.dsfacts.com

Most Active