VBG TO LAP BAND YES ITS POSSIBLE

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 9:03 am - on the border, MA
Samantha, can I ask you honestly, because I am an ex lapbander looking for a new surgery... the surgeon told me although you can stretch the pouch some, it can't be stretched a lot, that people gaining weight are grazing... please don't take offense because I am trying to find something that will work for me, what did you do differently when you began gaining back?  I have very little self control because my band journey was a bad one, I aspirated every night and woke up coughing for months, and my doc continued to empty my band, then it slipped, twice...  all the things I couldn't eat, and there were plenty, I made sure I got to eat them again... something as simple as a sandwich was a big deal... anyhow... do you think this surgeon is right in what she said to me?  I'm beginning to think nothings going to work... it is very discouraging.
Nurse343
on 6/17/08 1:22 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
I had the Vertical Band Gastroplasy in 1995 kept the weight off for a while.  I honestly think it was due to lack of educationl.  I started drinking lots of soda carbonation is an enemy because it puts lots of gas and pressure on the pouch I was never told back then it was a nono just to make sure it was diet.  I was depressed and did a lot of eating of carbs.  I have always had trouble with meats even with the vbg.  I am hoping i didn't make a mistake by choosing the band.  I drank a lot of my calories as well like starbucks. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 8:24 pm - on the border, MA
Thanks I appreciate it, I hope all goes great for you.
Most Active