approved

darnell239
on 5/23/08 6:46 am - Columbia, SC
Monique H.
on 5/23/08 7:03 am
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Next I have questions. What was wrong with the first surgery and do you mind me asking what kind of insurance you have?
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ALABAMA
on 5/23/08 8:01 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

happy revision approval day.

darnell239
on 5/23/08 10:43 am - Columbia, SC
Monique, Actually, nothing was wrong with my first surgery.  I had no complication and everything went as it should.  My first surgery was 8 1/2 years ago.  When I had the surgery I had the mindset of having the "magic cure."  Also, the mini-gastric bypass is a variation of the true RNY and I did have good result.  However, 8 1/2 years ago the doctor I had did not require a nutritionist visit and follow ups with a nutritionist.  We were given a booklet on the several stages of eating and getting back into a normal routine.  I also had a bad habit of drinking soda's and not diet soda's.  I fell into the habit of grazing alot because I would feel hungry a lot through out the day.  I have not had a soda in almost a month and I am trying to kick that habit for good.  I'm trying to drink more water and drink sugar-free Kool-Aid as an alternative.  I now have the mindset of knowing that this surgery is not a magic cure and I can eat and drink whatever I want with no consequences.  I'm praying that the 2nd time around brings wisdom because I don't ever want to be in this predicament again.  As for my insurance I have Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield through my husband's job.  I've heard they are easier with approvals.  I did not have a BMI over 40 it was around 37 with no commorbidities.  I think I got lucky because through medical test they were able to prove that my stoma & pouch had stretched.  Hopes this helps.
Angela M.
on 5/23/08 8:24 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
FINALLY!!!!!! I know you are happy.....I understand totally about the money and all of the other worries that come after being approved...God bless you....if He has brought you this far He is not going to kick you out now....so just hold on and see what He does..... Take care, Angela

317/287/170

kirstenMN
on 5/23/08 1:26 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
Best of luck to you and please make sure to keep everyone informed of your progress.
ginau
on 5/23/08 3:03 pm - mesa, AZ
AWESOME!!! I know how excited you are !!!! try not to worry about the money - God got you here - He will see you through it !!
fortworthgal
on 5/24/08 1:03 am - Fort Worth , TX
Congratulations! It helps me to hear you were approved because I also have BCBS FEP with a BMI below 40 but I have comorbidities so I feel hopeful that I will get to have my revision soon too from lap band to RNY. And congrats on stopping drinking sodas. The calories you are saving by not drinking regular soda will really add up and jury is out on diet soda.I have never had a problem with diet soda unless I drank it after eating.But its best not to drink it at all.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

MARCIAM
on 5/24/08 12:17 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations & good luck to you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Ms TJ P.
on 5/27/08 4:22 am - VA
I'm so happy for you Darnell, all of your hard work and patience has finally paid off. Good Luck to you!!
Most Active