Upper GI yesterday..on my way!

pepsi98
on 5/16/08 10:50 pm - Norwich, CT
Hi All,   I had my upper GI yesterday  at Tufts in Boston and had a FABULOUS radiologist who actually had me sit down and showed me my flims and explained them.  I learned a lot about my anatomy and I feel I know the reason why my gastric bypass failed in the first place.  I think bariatrics has come a long way since 1982!!  I have my appointment with Dr. Shikora on Tuesday the 20th and I excited to talk with him and proceed to the next step.  I hope to be on the 'losers bench' soon!!
Erica P.
on 5/18/08 6:50 am - Staten Island, NY
Good for you!  I am just counting the days until I go for my esophogram on June 10th.  I really wish that they will call me and tell me that they have a cancellation.  I also want the new surgeon's office to call me as well with a cancellation.  That appointment will not be until July 10th and that is just not acceptable to me.....

In any case, I am really happy your appointment went so well.

Erica
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"
"If at first you DO succeed- try not to look too amazed!"

"I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store!"
pepsi98
on 5/18/08 11:45 pm - Norwich, CT

It's interesting, but I read some posts about people feeling full and then 20 minutes later wanting to eat again, and that has been me for the last 26 years.  The radiologist actually confirmed that my pouch is small, but the barium passed through very quickly  and it looked as though it went into the jejunum as soon as it hit the pouch.  Hence, for the last 26 years I am never satisfied...just can eat all day and have gained up to over 300lbs.  So, this is why I am so very excited  for my appointment tomorrow and see what my options are and how soon. -

Most Active