Monmouth NJ ROSE Update

mlpandbaby
on 5/15/08 12:28 pm
Hi All, I just saw Dr. Borao yesterday. He is so nice.  I have all my paperwork done and I will be having the procedure on Thur. the 22nd.  I am so excited.  He had said the last 4 people had gone home the same day.   thank you! Michelle (Rochester,NY)
patsy13215
on 5/15/08 6:27 pm - syracuse, NY
hiMichelle; Goodluck.Less than a week to go..You are going to do great ! Patsy
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/08 11:30 am
reenieb
on 5/22/08 5:28 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Who are you? Do you work for this doctor? Are you promoting this surgeon and this medical facility on this Board for profit gain?  THESE PROCEDURES DO NOT WORK!!!  Do your research, people - stop being led around by the nose because you are so desperate to stop gaining weight - or to lose what you've gained.  Yes, you feel desperate and scared and you will do anything to never become the obese person you were before your initial surgery. But rosE, restorE, and stomaphyx procedures all have incredibly high failure rates; most insurance companies will not pay for these procedures and many people are paying thousands of dollars out of pocket to doctors who tell them, "I will restore your pouch and/or your stoma to the size produced by your original surgery."  My stoma after the restorE went from 30cm to 4cm - I starved myself for two weeks on nothing but liquids; I started phase two on soft foods and immediately began gaining the weight I lost on phase 1, despite the fact I was eating NOTHING. Anyone will lose 10 lbs. from a liquid fast DIET. It has nothing to do with the procedure performed or the size of your stoma or pouch.  To people like you, "Littleguy" (why don't you share your name?) - your posts here and the way you are dangling "success" in front of these poor desperate people is nothing short of herding a flock of sheep into the lion's den.  THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER TO KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT:  HEALTHY EATING IN MODERATION; NO GRAZING; NO INDULGING IN CRAP FOOD; AN ABSOLUTE TOTAL COMMITMENT TO DAILY RIGOROUS PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.  AND LIVING A JOYFUL, TRUTHFUL LIFE WHERE WE CARE MORE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE THAN OURSELVES.  What you're doing in this thread makes me sick. Maureen
Most Active