Update .. 1 week out

ginau
on 5/14/08 1:23 am - mesa, AZ
ok a week out . I have found  a couple interesting things .   Tastebuds  have changed - hard to  get protein shakes down ! even though pouch was not touched - can only hold about 4oz at a time    Nasty metal taste in mouth - could be ketosis??    Beware of gas pains - have something on hand to combat them. Scale is moving !! yeah - down about 8.5 lbs since surgery .  
Deanne K.
on 5/14/08 1:43 am - Tucson, AZ
Your doing great!!!
barbarabrewer
on 5/14/08 1:57 am - TX
Congrats to you!  Keep us informed!  Sounds like you are going through the normal post surgery changes!  8.50 lbs....Great! Barbara Brewer
Arizonadck
on 5/14/08 2:16 am - Chicago, IL
Sounds successful!!  Overall are you feeling ok?  Did you have open or lap?  A week out already - time flies!!  Keep it up!!
Monique H.
on 5/14/08 7:23 am

Do you mind me asking which surgery you had first and which revision you had? I remember you posting but I don't remember which one.  Oh and Congratulations!!!!

WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ginau
on 5/14/08 8:34 am - mesa, AZ
Sure  I had Lap  RNY in July of 06, then  our very own Dr Schlesinger  gave me an open cut, removed 2 hernia's , scar tissue and  took me to an extended Rny , left me with a common channel of 75 I feel great  -- except for drinking the proteins skakes and anything chocolate in flavor - leaves a funkkyyy  taste .. 
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/14/08 11:21 am - Knoxville, TN
Dr Schlesinger told me in an email that I probably needed t have the extended RNY... But my insurance doesnt cover WLS or anything to help Obesity ( I still think that is discrimination) so that was out of the question ..... But I did have the ROSE procedure .just hope I am successful with it ... CONGRATS on the 8.5 lbs....I have lost 16 lbs in 3 weeks ...
runningagain
on 5/15/08 10:20 am - NY
Hi....I'm having surgery this summer.  Not sure which one yet, but as I was reading through the posts, I saw you were talking about channel of 75.  Is that the length of your intestine?  Just curious.  Is the extended RNY a shorter channel?  What's the normal channel length?  Good luck to you.  :-)
ginau
on 5/15/08 12:49 pm - mesa, AZ

yes!

Cynthia Johnson
on 5/14/08 11:48 am
Hi, how long were you in hospital after the surgery?  You know I'm keeping close tabs on you.  Great Big Hug I hope to have approval before the end of the month.
Most Active